About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5,000 professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman's thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
The Senior Knowledge Manager (SKM) is part of a team of Knowledge Management specialists supporting the different industries and capabilities within Oliver Wyman. This position will be based in the US, but the role has global responsibility - supporting the global Private Capital (PC) industry and associated interest groups within Oliver Wyman.
The purpose of this role is to shape, develop and facilitate knowledge sharing across the business to support business development and project delivery (developing content management tools, cultivating human networks and informal knowledge transfer, practice focused research and analysis to support IC generation and advisory services). The aim of the Senior Knowledge Manager is to develop and promote tools and processes which increase information flow and best practice sharing within the practice and across the firm.
Private Capital is a specialized Industry within the Oliver Wyman consulting business. It helps our clients achieve amazing results, both on deals and post-transaction. We serve private equity firms and their portfolio companies with a focus on delivering a differentiated return on investment across the investment cycle. We also support Corporations with mergers and acquisitions by providing value through all the transaction stages: opportunity identification and valuation, project management office (PMO), negotiation support and sale process management.
The role of the Senior Knowledge Manager is to act as facilitator in the transfer of intellectual capital across PC and throughout the company. You will work closely with PC/KS leadership to shape the content agenda, develop ideas, and propose IC initiatives, help refine the KM strategy, assess current IC and IC gaps, and mentor colleagues across Knowledge Services. Primary responsibilities include
Awareness and Connectivity
- Working with the PC team to identify, collect and curate valuable intellectual capital (IC) from projects that can be re-used as assets for future projects
- Developing knowledge management plans that support PC's strategic business priorities
- Facilitating knowledge and experience sharing within the PC team
- Supporting business development and project delivery through content and knowledge expertise
- Developing and presenting own synthesized or created content that can be leveraged across PC
- identifying and developing lessons learned from proposals, pitches, and projects in collaboration with the PC team
- Project tracking, intellectual capital capture and dissemination, knowledge systems maintenance and development
- Promoting and training consultants in proper use of knowledge tools and appropriate knowledge sharing, expert/expertise tracking
- Working with PC management to support and drive awareness internally about PC, their IC and capabilities, and support in teaming with the rest of the Oliver Wyman for winning new business
- The Senior Knowledge Manager is an enabler within the business supporting internal clients in the use and distribution of internally generated IC and PC specific tools. Promoting the message that information sharing behaviours are actively encouraged and rewarded within OW
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Being an enabler within the business supporting internal clients in the use and distribution of internally generated IC and PC specific tools. Promoting knowledge sharing behaviors and a culture of collaboration and teaming.
- Data Management - working with frequently used data sets, managing models and internal benchmarks
- Specialist Research - for both client work and Business Development/Marketing - supporting client proposals, internal IC generation, production of Current Awareness bulletins etc
- Analysis - Working with practice models, proprietary data sets and industry analysis
The role will involve liaison with the partners leading PC, particularly the North America Regional Head. An important aspect of the role will be to build excellent working relationships with the key PC figures globally.Experience Required:
Skills and Attributes:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years' experience in knowledge management, research, business development and/or management consulting strongly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Private Equity is a prerequisite for this role
- Experience managing people
- Advanced Excel and PPT skills
- Familiarity with SharePoint advantageous but not essential
- Familiarity with market/business intelligence tools (i.e. MergerMarket, CapitalIQ, etc.) not required but beneficial
This job has expired.
- Proactive ownership mindset
- Confident stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Willingness to act as an internal advisor
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to detail and high accuracy
- Demonstrated team-player who has experience of and has enjoyed working as part of a global team
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadlines, handling several tasks at one time
- A high level of intellectual curiosity - interested in solving business issues
- Understanding the competitive environment and the place of PC within our consulting business and the wider business community