Oliver Wyman helps industry leaders in the communications, media, and technology industries develop value growth strategies, improve operations, and maximize organizational effectiveness. Our clients are some of the world's most successful companies: wireless and wireline equipment and communications service providers: enterprise IT, consumer electronics, and semiconductor companies; and broadcasters, publishers, platform operators, online and entertainment companies.
Communications: Oliver Wyman helps players in the converged communications industry (fixed-line operators, Internet-service providers, cable TV operators, mobile operators, wholesale operators, and private equity groups) to develop value growth strategies, improve their offers and go-to-market performance, and maximize organizational effectiveness.
Media & Entertainment: Oliver Wyman's global Media & Entertainment practice assists industry leaders in creating significant and lasting value by developing and implementing innovative corporate, product, and marketing strategies and effecting significant operational improvements.
With deep industry expertise, our consulting team helps clients stay ahead of the competition by working with them on their most challenging problems around strategic growth, digital transformation, operational improvement, and organizational effectiveness.
Technology: Oliver Wyman's technology practice collaborates with clients to create sustainable shareholder value through anticipating Value Migration shifts, developing innovative business models and product/solution offerings, and improving operational excellence. We serve the enterprise computing, software, communications & business equipment, consumer electronics, semiconductor, and IT services industries.
The Principal position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Providing day to day leadership of client projects and aspects of the client relationship and commercial process within those relationships, teaming with Partners and shares responsibility for the success of a specific engagement(s)
- Leading and managing complex programs to ensure on-time delivery that meets agreed upon goals, leveraging Oliver Wyman best practice, their own expertise and the firm's technical competence
- Guiding and influencing clients in an informed way across all situations including execution of the commercial process, becoming trusted advisors.
- Engaging fully in building business by identifying new and expanded opportunities
- Creating exciting and additive intellectual capital through thought leadership, and are knowledgeable on a broad range of adjacent topics.
- Developing others and build a followership as part of their asset building for the firm
- Leading firm building activities, seen as a role model for firm values with a strong personal brand within and outside of the firm and are well regarded by Partners, peers, and clients
Associates and Engagement Managers serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
Our Values and Culture
- 7+ years of experience in strategy consulting and/or Communications, Media & Technology industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel (at least 50-75% of the time)
We're serious about making Oliver Wyman a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced place to work.
- Rewarding work - We've worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combine that with Oliver Wyman's status as one of the Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For", and you get a rewarding combination of challenge, support and recognition.
- Progressive employment - Flat organizational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. A menu of healthcare options, 401k matching, and a culture of continuous improvement means your work gets more rewarding over time.
- Enjoyable days - We want our team members to build a career here-and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other. This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work on company time.
- Balanced lives - Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can.
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization .
This job has expired.