Associate Creative Director, Studio
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman Digital is a ground-breaking division within Oliver Wyman delivering world-class solutions to give our clients a competitive edge. We work across the full technology stack from databases and analytics to APIs and web and mobile applications. With a mixture of over 300 consultants, specialists and support professionals in 16 major cities across the world, we're committed to growth that retains our start-up agility while expanding our opportunities for world-class work.
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With a staff of over 5,000 spread across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation.
Oliver Wyman Innovation Studio is a set of design-thinking focused transformation offers, delivered through workshops, prototypes, and pilot projects. We work in multi-disciplinary teams to co-create solutions with clients.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
We are hiring an Associate Creative Director to work in our New York Innovation Studio. As a member of the Innovation Studio you will be part of a team working in a state-of-the-art collaborative workspace helping to define the future of human-centered design for our clients and their customers. Our goal is empathy. Our output is disruption. And our mandate is sustainable impact.
As a member of a multidisciplinary team you will work to help identify real understanding of user problems & business opportunities. You will design, build, prototype, test, and iterate to create scalable business, service and product solutions that address our clients' most pressing problems. You will be quick on your feet, able to workshop with c-suite clients and be design led to the core.
As an Associate Creative Director you will be:
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams to motivate, conceive and create user-centered experiences and solutions, with a focus on developing visual designs, designs systems and interfaces, to balance business goals and technical implications
- A leader in visual design-focused discussions, design-related workshops and cross-functional co-creation sessions
- An Adept contributor with a makers' mindset and a desire to prototype ideas into existence
- A key decision-maker in the solution design process, ensuring exceptional user-experience and visual designs
- An advocate of user needs, and a leader in the OW Studio to fulfill them through multi-channel experiences
...and expected to:Awareness: Build culture and value through design
Approach: Critical and conceptual thinking
- Be a self-starter who takes initiative: able to work under very little supervision and guidance to meet team goals and complete assignments within established time frames, be flexible and willing to learn - adapt quickly to new problems and fluid project circumstances
- Work well in interdisciplinary teams: co-create with other Engineers, Designers, business experts, clients, and end-users, working in a fully integrated (vs. siloed) manner, have extensive experience working with Software Developers and Engineers
- Activate user insights and opportunities through a lens of business strategy, all shaped by the possibility of what technology can bring, in order to bring new designs and interfaces that meet Customer Needs
- Use design-led thinking to open the aperture for both clients and colleagues alike to help demonstrate the art of the possible by communicating how a solution can satisfy user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project requirements
Craft: Execute with speed and quality
- Communicate how a design solution answers user needs, business goals, technical constraints, and other project requirements
- Drive the visual design process orchestrating team members as needed, and leading discussions / co-creation sessions that drive insights around experiences and tangible solutions
- Work alongside the Human Insights, Creative, and Engineering teams to test prototypes/designs and draw insights from user feedback and test results
- Demonstrate strong understanding and appreciation for the Creative discipline as a a whole and be a expert practitioner of Visual Desing/Art Direction
- Deploy visual design skills to imagine and design high quality designs and prototypes, including: have interaction and visual design skills across a diverse set of software, including rapid prototyping tools, ability to translate product requirements into interfaces and design systems, knowledge in human-centric design and understanding of digital development trends and technologies, to incorporate them seamlessly into the visual aspect of the work
- Demonstrate strong communication skills: demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with design and non-design team members
- Understand how real user needs can be translated into usable and appealing visual interfaces, and develop practical solutions that address the problems of today and serve as the drivers of businesses in the future
- Translate ideas, end-user needs, design criteria, and technical features into valued products and services, through the creation of memorable and visually appealing interfaces
- Showcase knowledge of product development lifecycles and agile methodologies
As an Associate Creative Director
, you will have:
- 8+ years of relevant experience
What we offer you:
- Have visual design and interaction skills across a diverse set of software, including rapid prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- Ability to translate product requirements and ensure technology deliverables are built to client standards
- Expert in human-centric design and cutting edge web development trends and technologies
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud, and other core design toolkits
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and agile methodologies
____OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- The opportunity to work within a deeply accomplished team with direct exposure to some of the world's most influential organizations.
- A structured career development program with both technical and leadership tracks.
- A competitive salary and benefits complimented with a flexible learning & development budget (including attending conferences) enabling you to choose the right path for your own development.
- A level of autonomy and self-management that you won't typically find at other companies.
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don't care whether you're loud or quiet, funny or serious. We do hope that you have:
- A genuine passion for products and experiences.
- A clear commitment to creating brilliant experiences that will give our clients the edge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
We're serious about making OW Digital a rewarding, progressive, fun and balanced place to work.
____HOW TO APPLY
Our reputation for high quality work allows us to collaborate with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combined with our status as one of the Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For", this gives you a mix of challenge, support, and recognition.
Flat organizational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. Our comprehensive benefits include an impressive pension program.
We want our team members to build a career here-and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work in your workdays.
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can. If you want to make the most of travel opportunities with our global team, we'll encourage it. If you're a parent, we'll work with you to accommodate your family life.
If you like what you've read, we'd love to hear from you. You can submit your CV to our Studio at firstname.lastname@example.org -please include a short email introducing yourself and what you're looking for.
The application process will include both technical testing and team fit interviews.Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We're not perfect, but we're working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.____
This job has expired.