Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of an administrative office staff (at least 2 or more full-time employees) and assisting the Business Manager and location management team to ensure the efficient, cost effective and professional operation of the business unit's administrative department.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Manage the administrative functions for the business unit including; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, contracts and other office processes to ensure accuracy and timely completion and compliance with Company policies, General Accepted Accounting Principles and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Manage a large administrative staff including hiring, firing, job evaluations, training and development to ensure productivity and employee engagement.
- Participate in business unit management meetings and provide input and updates on business administration processes and procedures.
- Preparation and management of the overhead budgets and forecasts, under the guidance of the Business Manager to ensure accurate and timely reporting and cost control.
- Serve as the key location contact for subcontractors, vendors, suppliers and internal and external customers to field inquiries and troubleshoot complaints.
- Manage the timely processing of accounting and job cost information through various systems focusing on the detailed processes and procedures while maintaining internal controls to ensure monthly closes and deadlines are met.
- Supervise the execution of contracts, issuance of insurance certificates, payment and performance bonds, and establishment of escrow accounts in lieu of retention to ensure the Company is in compliance with Company policy and legal requirements and protected from unintended risk.
- Recommend, establish and implement internal controls to maintain compliance with Granite's policies and procedures, including Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, internal audits and safety audits.
- Review and approval of A/P invoices to a limit as determined by the Business Manager and approval of A/P batches to ensure accuracy.
- Assist with financial reporting and forecasting needs to ensure accurate financials.
- May review, negotiate and manage contract execution on a large scope.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting or related field, or equivalent combinations or training and experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of 5 years progressively responsible office management experience combiningadministrative, supervisory, management, accounting, and analytical skills.
- Advanced understanding of regulatory requirements (SOX, GAAP, DBE, collection laws, contract law, etc.).
- Detailed knowledge of company operations, organizational procedures, and personnel.
- Team leader capabilities
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and forecasting
- JD Edwards World/One World preferred.
- JWS Material Billings System preferred
- Advanced Presentation skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong self-motivation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- 10 key by touch
- Strong supervisory, communication and organizational skills.•
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Additional Requirements/Skills
- Ability to abide by Granite's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Business travel required at times
- A team player.
- Valid driver's license
#LI-TBAbout Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.