Company: WSU Tech
Hours per Week: 40
Employment Term: Temporary
Employment Type: Full Time
Required Education: Some College
Required Experience: 3 to 20+ years
Description Educational institution does not mean we are just in the classroom with our students, we also provide similar services to our industry partners to make sure they are covered with their educational needs too! This position is an opportunity like that, reserved for an initiative focused individual who can ensure world class execution of curriculum to employees with minimal supervision. I mean, this is who you are, correct? Well then hurry up, you don’t want this to go to someone else, apply now!
This is a temporary position to start, based on performance & fit with position the potential to become regular status with benefits at WSU Tech after 90 days. Job Summary:
The Industry Trainer will provide training/instruction and assess learning in his/her area of expertise to students. Instruction may include classroom lecture, facilitating group discussions and projects, and/or computer laboratory instruction at various college and/or industry locations, with flexibility for day, afternoon, evening, weekend and/or online classesQuick Glance of Duties and Responsibilities:
Education, Experience, Knowledge & Skills Needed:
- Successfully completes defined required industry certification processes in order to achieve and maintain qualified trainer status at their assigned organization.
- Meets with class(es) on the scheduled dates for the full duration of class time.
- Meets the needs of the industry-training managers in a timely and consistent manner. Demonstrates professionalism, high customer service, quality training and continuous improvement in the delivery of training to meet the demands and rigor of the industry.
- Seeks student feedback to identify and meet student needs in order to make them more qualified and efficient in the workplace.
- Evaluates learning in an ongoing effort to document student mastery of course objectives.
- Utilize LMS platform or complete paperwork related to the assignment, including completion of all required reports.
- Maintains classroom environment that supports learning as well as professional & respects individuals.
- Submits documentation to both the college and the industry by the established due date in a timely and accurate manner.
- Meets with the Director of Employer Services and the Director of Industry Training if and as requested; maintains close communication from industry necessary to sustain high quality customer/client relationships.
- Associate degree or Bachelor, preferred. OR combination of education, training and related experience is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years full time equivalent work experience in industry, required.
- Proven experience as a trainer, or workplace leader.
- Documented experience in applicable Aerospace Manufacturing skill areas and subject matter expertise.
- Tech savvy, advanced user skills are required with MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and maintain a professional working relationship with a wide variety of individuals coming from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively, prioritize workflow, work well with minimum supervision, and accept responsibility for total task completion.
- Effective time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines in a timely manner, and the ability to prudently prioritize tasks, projects and goals.
Pay Rate: $27.50 /hr (increased if offered regular position with WSU Tech)
shift M-F; Independence KS (Textron)
WSU Tech is committed to inclusive and equitable practices to create an environment and culture where students and employees thrive. We acknowledge that through valuing diverse identities, experiences, talents and gifts, we excel by fulfilling our mission to create a talent pipeline, establish workforce equity, and improve economic prosperity for our community. WSU Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.