The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
The Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), Working together to Achieve Excellent Health."
Work with patients, evaluating and treating moderately ill patients. Expected to order and interpret lab and x-ray results with physician back up as required.
- FNP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level.
- Must have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Be current on CME requirements.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty. Ability to supervise and mentor NP, PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- School loan repayment eligibility
- Tort Claims coverage
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13677Location:BethelDepartment:Outpatient ClinicsEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)