Job ID: 306863
Northfield, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Northfield is currently seeking a dedicated 2nd shift Production Supervisor at the Indianapolis location who will report directly to the Site Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise personnel in multiple plants onsite and coordinate production work flow.
- Lead the plant safety culture by discussing safety on a daily basis, recording near misses, following all safety guidelines, and awarding positive safety behavior.
- Assist with production activities and equipment maintenance as needed
- Ensure all production reports are completed at the end of the shift and that company quality standards are met each day.
- Set and uphold expectations regarding attendance, job performance, effort, and attitude.
- Ensure that all personnel, prior to the start of shift, are wearing the correct safety equipment and that safety awareness is maintained throughout the shift.
- Train new employees on appropriate job functions and cross-train tenured employees to broaden experience and knowledge
- Report to maintenance and/or safety personnel any safety hazards or equipment malfunctions and/or maintenance.
- Administer performance evaluations for direct reports.
- Suggest and/or initiate personnel actions such as promotions, hires, transfers, pay adjustments, and terminations and ensure compliance with the Company's affirmative action policy, practices and procedures.
- Investigate and resolve employee relation issues/conflicts.
- Complete verbal and written disciplinary warnings/counseling in accordance with the company's policy and procedures
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of your job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements/Education/Experience
- High school diploma and at least 1-3 years of industrial supervisory experience, up to 25 team members.
- Able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate people and equipment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem analysis resolution
- Able to read and perform basic mathematical calculations as well as read and write measurements in numbers, fractions and decimals at a high school education or equivalent level
- Able to read and properly utilize a tape measure
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Ability to read, understand, and communicate paperwork and labels.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently. Proven success in leading a team
- Forklift experience a plus
What CRH Americas Offers You
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 100 lbs
- Will be performing work in differing physical environments from heat to cold depending on weather
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Northfield, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 18, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Indianapolis Job Segment:
Night, Warehouse, Forklift, Operations, Manufacturing
This job has expired.