We are looking for an NGS Coordinator (40 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park, NJ location.
Schedule: Tuesday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Saturday 6:00am - 2:30pm
Processors are our front line in the Labs. They are indispensable participants at the entry point of a specimen testing. Their ability to quickly identify, label and troubleshoot ensures minimal disruption to our high volume specimen testing processes. This is only one of the functions of NGS coordinator. They register specimens, but the additional tasks involve some Tech Service, Operations, and Customer Service. All contained in this department.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
* Receive, identify, label, and process all solid tumor specimens for OnkoSight testing.
* Multi-task between different types of requisitions. (i.e. CareEvolve, manual, EMR, etc.)
* Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy. Computer proficiency is required.
* Recognize specimen problems and communicate with our clients. Telephone skills a must.
* Handle phone calls and emails.
* Prepare specimen and paperwork to deliver to appropriate labs within the building. Extensive walking is required.
* Maintain patient files accurately.
* Communicate with staff Hematopathologists and laboratory personnel.
* Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
* Ability to learn various software programs necessary for the smooth operation of the department.
* Willingness to take on additional tasks as the need arises.
* Punctuality and flexibility required
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* Able to type a minimum of 45 WPM.
* Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
* Experience dealing with the public or telephone work
* Skills: Computer, communication, reasoning, problem solving
* Abilities: be able to prioritize, follow up imperative
* Dependable, intelligent, dedicated, hardworking, flexible and willing to learn and take on new duties
* Prior Lab and/or Processing experience
* Experience in lab or medical office
* Some college preferred
* Extensive walking.
* Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object.
* Work requires contact with specimens and requisitions, hand washing and cleaning, and hazardous chemicals.
* Fast paced and noisy environment that sometimes includes interruptions and distractions.
* OSHA risk factor: Category 1.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer