The scale of the network and its continuous expansion presents an opportunity to work on and solve interesting engineering challenges in the data center network domain. We constantly push the boundaries of what is possible. We create new and innovative ways of designing and operating our global datacenter networks and do it at scale with efficiency. We imagine what our tomorrow is going to be and make it a reality.Meta data center footprint is constantly growing to adapt to the vast amount of new services we provide to people around the world. This growth results in a dramatic scaling challenge our engineers have to work with daily. Not only do we need to build and evolve the physical infrastructure that connects myriads of servers together, but also ensure that the network is running smoothly and meets strict performance goals for all applications and services that rely on our network. With the introduction of our own switching software (FBOSS) and designed in house networking products, we have entered into a new era of unprecedented opportunities to re-think traditional networking and iterate quickly in an area that was previously closed to innovation.The Meta data center network engineering team is looking for a leader with a passion to help us solve difficult problems and innovate at a fast pace in the area of codifying network design and quality delivery of new networks. Data center networking at Meta is a multifaceted discipline that covers all layers, ranging from physical (fiber and optics) to logical. Powered by distributed routing protocols such as BGP combined with our own software stack running on our network devices, creates a scalable and resilient stack serving as the basis for delivering network services to the Meta suite of applications. This position is full-time.
Network Manager, Datacenter Delivery Responsibilities:
- Manage engineers working within our data center networking delivery team to build, scale, deploy, and support our global network infrastructure focusing on converting a designed product to code.
- Responsible for people management of a team of engineers, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching, and career growth for direct reports.
- Help define and drive regular development of a technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams.
- Be a hands-on manager with deep technical experience in networking, systems, hardware and software.
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapt quickly to new information, prioritize as needed.
- Support engineers to strengths, enable, unblock, and grow talent through coaching and technical mentoring.
- Proactively identify resource needs, participate in recruiting efforts, and hiring to grow the team.
- Identify, cultivate, and grow technical leaders.
- Experience designing and maintaining servers, or network equipment
- Device configuration and administration automation experience
- B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Time management and communication experience
- Understand scaled out design of systems and networks
- 4+ years of experience working with networking protocols including TCP/IP, MP-BGP, MPLS, ISIS, etc.
- 5+ years of Networking or Software Engineering experience
- 2+ years Software Engineering or Scripting experience with Python, C#, or Go
- Knowledge of network hardware platforms and their specification in the data center space
- 4+ years of experience working with Arista, Cisco, and Juniper routers and switches
- 2+ years experience managing an engineering team
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.
This job has expired.