Kforce has a client seeking a Network Administrator in West Palm beach, FL (Florida). Summary:The Consultant will work with the network and voice services team to support the District's network infrastructure. This includes support for office moves (cabling relocation, additions, and changes), performing updates to the network software that is used to monitor the efficiency of all network systems, and daily support for Help Desk tickets. Other duties include installation, troubleshooting, and maintaining the District's LAN/WAN and VOIP infrastructure.
- Ability to document and design using such tools as Visio
- Basic understanding of the technologies and concepts in data centers using VXLAN BGP EVPN with or without ACI and the implementation of SD-WAN technologies at remote offices
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to participate with on call rotation and Emergency Operations Center responsibilities
- Travel to remote locations may be required
- Any relevant education and/or training will be considered a plus
In-depth knowledge of network hardware and network management to include the following:
- A wide range of Cisco and Juniper networking equipment and software including routers, switches, firewalls, IPsec and SSL VPN (Virtual Private Network), Call Managers, MPLS, OSPF, BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), Cisco Nexus (NX-OS), Cisco Secure ACS (Access Control Server), and Cisco 5508 wireless controllers
- SolarWinds Orion or other SNMP monitoring systems
- VoIP (Voice-Over-Internet Protocol), video teleconferencing, QOS (Quality of Service), multicast, and other emerging technologies; The VOIP Infrastructure includes the Voice/Video infrastructure; This infrastructure consists of Cisco Call Manager, Unity Voice Mail, InformaCast Paging, Emergency Responder hosted on Cisco UCS, Presence servers (for Jabber), Cisco Finesse (formally Cisco Contact Center), Video Conferencing server, gateways and endpoints; The network group also supports legacy telephones, a variety of building security and control equipment, and vendor supplied data circuits
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
This job has expired.