Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
Integration & Developer experiences team in PayPal builds all public facing API products that expose various PayPal capabilities such as onboarding, payments. These APIs power payment experiences for all PayPal merchants from small to large such as Facebook, Instagram, Prestashop, Aliexpress etc.
It is our goal to package the complexity of our payment system in a simple integration for our customers and provide a seamless payment integration experience. We are looking for passionate senior API engineers to craft and own the public APIs.
As a member of our team, you will work with Domain Technical Leads, Product Owners and Architects building new payment capabilities and improving existing products, developing robust software solutions and scalable products for PayPal's merchants and Partners. You'll estimate engineering efforts, prioritize projects, plan implementations, production deployments and triage production issues. You need to be dynamic, collaborative and curious, as you'll work in a fast-paced environment where continuous experimentation and innovation are a given.Your responsibilities will also include:
- Contribute to the design, development, and testing of features delivered as applications and/or services.
- Ability to go in-depth on the technology stack, across different technologies to understand end-to-end system workflow.
- Actively participate in code reviews to attain the highest standards.
- Drive teams to follow clean code principles.
- Collaborate with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization.
- Work with scrum teams and product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available, scalable and reliable.
- Support applications and/or services as and when required in all time zones.
- 12+ years software development experience.
- BS or higher Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Strong OOP skills, with ability to analyze requirements and transform into scalable software designs.
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, REST API's and competent designing and building web services/microservices in a commercial setting.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to lead a team of software engineers.
- Strong ability to present technical solutions and new architecture to cross functional team members
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean, solid, readable code that scales and performs well.
- Ability to evaluate new technologies, weigh tradeoffs, and make sound technical decisions.
- Desired understanding of Oracle, JDBC and ORM frameworks (e.g. Hibernate).
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results.
- Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. Java build tools), Unix based systems and best practices (e.g. unit testing, test automation, continuous integration, etc.)
San Jose, California, United States of America
Additional Locations:We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.