Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 375 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created an account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications. Our system does have some requirements that will help us process your application, below are some guidelines for creation of your account:
- Provide full legal First Name/Family Name - this is important for us to ensure our future hires have the rightsystem set up.
- Please Capitalize first letter of your First and Last Name.
- Please avoid using fully capitalized text for your First and/or Last Name.
- NOTE: If your name is hyphenated or has multiple capitalization, please use the same format as your government ID.
Job Description Summary:
A Strong candidate to lead PayPal development environment engagement with Public Cloud encompassing security vulnerability management, config management, asset management among other things. Candidate should have prior experience working in Public Cloud technologies and well versed with implementation of new Cloud native solutions. Have the development experience in Java, Golang and Python. Devops background is a must for this role.
At PayPal, we're literally reinventing how the world pays and gets paid. We understand that it's about people. We connect individuals to let them shop, get paid, donate and send money using today's technology with the confidence that comes from the security and control PayPal enables. Are you ready to help us change the world?
The world's leading payments company, PayPal, brings together a family of brands that are revolutionizing the way people move money. At PayPal you will be immersed in an amazing community with a vibrant culture that thrives on innovation, collaboration, inclusion and wellness.
As part of Developer Experience organization, our mission is to reduce developer friction when it comes to developing and delivering their products to production with fully security compliant and scalable aspects. Developers focus on their core strengths of building products while we take care of storing their artifacts, security and compliance problems around their environments, configurations.
As an MTS 2 in PayPal's Developer Experience organization, you will be lead developer and will have an impact in designing solutions for PayPal's ever changing security requirements. You will also be responsible for building and maintaining highly scalable, secure, fully distributed, multi-tenant artifact storage solutions. You will have substantial training and professional development opportunities to develop and expand your leadership, consulting, and technical skills. You will put your decision-making and collaboration and troubleshooting skills to use as an active contributor on your teams. Above all, PayPal offers a collaborative culture that fosters innovation, entrepreneurship, continuous learning, and growth
- In this lead role in Environment Reliability team of DPX, you will utilize your past development, operations and design experience and influence the architecture of our artifact storage solutions, security vulnerability management, Config management and Asset management.
- You will be responsible to ensure PayPal dev environments are fully secure at all times and comply with PayPal's highly dynamic software security requirements.
- You will ensure end to end monitoring and alerting for all products that you are responsible for and across the environments.
- You will be a technical leader in understanding the problems, conceiving the solutions and building solutions that can help produce highest quality products, scale the infrastructure and reduce operational costs.
- You will be working with a team of strong engineers who enable the rest of development community to quickly and reliably release their code without worrying about underlying infrastructure cross cutting concerns.
- You will use your knowledge to influence better software design, promote proper engineering practice, bug prevention strategies, testability, accessibility, and other advanced quality concepts across products and among all the stakeholders.
- You will be building frameworks, tools and solutions for the rest of PayPal developer community.
- Work directly with Architecture, Product Managers, Program Managers and stakeholders from clients that integrates with the frameworks and tools
- Train and mentor team members
- Contribute to the design, development, and testing of features around PayPal's development environments in Public Cloud
- Ability to go in-depth on the technology stack, across different technologies to understand end-to-end system workflow.
- Actively participate in code reviews to attain the highest standards.
- Drive teams to follow clean code principles.
- Collaborate with peers and leads both within the team and across the organization.
- Work with scrum teams and product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions on time.
- Work with operations teams to ensure applications and services are highly available, scalable and reliable.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing scalable Cloud solutions
- Experience in providing technical leadership and guidance to engineering teams.
- Strong experience in some of the following technologies is highly desirable: Java, Python, Golang, Docker, Mesos, Aurora, Kubernetes,BigQuery and Google Cloud Technologies and scripting
- Experience in building and operating products with Cloud native approach is a must.
- Knowledge in DevOps lifecycle is important.
- Knowledge and experience in cloud technologies and Google Cloud a huge plus
- Prior experience in building infrastructure for scalable artifact storage, security remediation automation tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- BS or MS in computer science or equivalent
- Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. You have a bias towards action and results.
Austin, Texas, United States of America
Additional Locations:We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
This job has expired.