At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
Braintree lets you move money from one place to another safely and securely. Every time you pay for an Uber ride, book a stay through Airbnb, or pay with PayPal when you check out online, you're probably using our product. It sounds complex (and it is), but we make it so simple you can't tell we're there.
We solve world-scale problems and provide opportunities to match. We build diverse teams that recognize our strengths and allow us to work on our weaknesses. You bring skills and a relentless focus on the customer, and we'll provide the support you need to do the best work of your life.
As an Engineer on the Braintree Funding Group, you will be responsible for the evolution of our disbursement platform which disburses hundreds of millions of dollars a day to our merchants. You will make key technology decisions,build & maintain large production grade systems, work with our customers to solve their day-to-day problems,and mentor and guide other engineers.
Every day we come to work looking to develop innovative solutions that deliver high customer value at scale. If you are excited about solving hard problems for our customers, working with a passionate and dedicated engineering team, and are focused on constant improvement as an engineer then please apply!
What You'll Do
- Anchor major team workstreams to build and improve large-scale systems, grow the scale of our platform, reduce complexity, increase automation and burn down technical debt;
- Build key components of our platform via pair programming with other engineers;
- Setup practicesto ensure the highest levels of operational resiliency;
- Collaborate with leadership, peers and customers to effectively deliver solutions and projects;
- Serve as a mentor, technical leader, and thought leader within a talented team of engineers, challenging others and helping them grow;
- Track business impact of features on a regular basis, and rely on performance data to make informed decisions about possible changes or improvements;
What We're Looking For
- Contribute to a culture of learning and sharing technology insights across teams;
- Support production systems 24/7 (One week in 2+ months - Team rotation based);
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering;
- Design and operational experience with large scale production grade systems;
- Good Linuxskills and understanding of operating systems;
- Experience building and maintaining largedistributed systems on one of the major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP);
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL, ETLs and data analysis skills;
- MySQL, Postgres, Redshift, or similar data handling experience;
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling such as Terraform & CloudFormation;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, agile development environment;
- Ability to partner with business units, product management, program management and cross-functional teams to deliver business results with agility and high quality;
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work on concurrent assignments with different priorities;
- Proven results-oriented engineer with a focus on the customer and delivering quality products;
Nice To Have
- We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.
(Don't worry if you don't have these skills. You can always learn these skills after joining us)
- Deep understanding of AWS and GCP technologies;
- Experience withDockerand Kubernetes;
Additional Job Description:Subsidiary:
- Experience with GraphQL;
- Experience with front-end development and modern JS frameworks;
- Experience with monitoring/logging tools and best practices;
- Test-driven development (TDD);
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.