CUMULUS MEDIA | Dallas, TX is looking for a our next Morning star to Host "WBAP's Morning News," on legendary 820 WBAP to begin in July 2022! Our ideal candidate should be aware of all current events and know the top stories of the day. The should be social media savvy, and be able to adapt to breaking news situations, be highly organized and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. You will be the Quarterback of a 6-team morning show and know how to call and execute the plays. We are looking for a proven winner in AM drive with ratings to prove it. This position will begin in July.
Our people work in a state-of-the-art facility, take pride in our community and value teamwork. If you can deliver lifestyle headlines, be focused, creative and multi-task and most of all...love radio, we should talk. Board work, remotes and production are all a part of what we do, so show us what you've got.
Who We Are:
CUMULUS | Dallas, TX currently features 6 stations in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area: KTCK 1310 The Ticket, KPLX 99.5 The Wolf, The New Country 96.3, WBAP 820 News/Talk, KLIF-AM 570 News/Talk, & Hot 93.3 KLIF-FM. At Cumulus Dallas we strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success.
Responsibilities include hosting or co-hosting shows that generate ratings by being entertaining, informative, community oriented and forwarding the brand. Must have a deep understanding of how to go beyond the latest news, headlines, and events to craft an entertaining and unique product. The candidate should be able to plan and produce a quality show, through creative ideas, segments, celebrity interviews and production elements. Daily commercial production is required. As an ambassador for Cumulus, participation in station and client events/remotes, connecting with the community and our listeners, building a relationship with clients through the sales team and networking within the market are paramount. Candidates must have unparalleled passion, worth ethic and drive.
- Produce a compelling radio show by using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air content
- Great with phones/interacting with callers, interviewing artists/guests and hosting live events
- Connect with listeners via phones, social, video, web and on-site
- Daily social media engagement; website and digital content generation
- Participates in station Programming, Promotions, and Sales meetings and events
- Assist in production and imaging of the station
- Live Broadcasts and station appearances, whether paid of unpaid
- Commercial Production; create killer endorsement ads - both on air and online - for mutually agreed upon products
- Voice other commercials as assigned
- Handles emergency news/weather in show; on call for weather disasters/breaking news
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions, sweepers and any other programming element essential to the station's operations are aired
- Performs additional duties in small stations, such as production, assisting program director or music director, operating radio transmitter or writing advertising copy. Plays music as specified by music director and music log
To upload your air-check, please paste the audio file into a Word document and save with name format Lastname.Audio and upload as part of your application by selecting "Include a cover letter". Instructions are also provided on the application form.Qualifications:
- Five years of AM drive news/talk experience preferred in a major or large market, hosting a morning news magazine
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc. must be added to online profile/application
What we offer:
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations
- Competitive pay
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask "what if" and try innovative solutions
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For immediate consideration, please visit [ Link Removed ]
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: [ Link Removed ] CUMULUS MEDIA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).