At Meta Reality Labs Research, we aspire to achieve a vision of social presence in VR and AR where people are able to interact with each other across distances in a way that is indistinguishable from in-person interactions. We are looking for exceptional Software Engineers who are excited about architecting a software platform that can process reliably and at scale large amounts of multimodal data for the generation of photorealistic avatars. You will design and develop the foundation used by a large community of engineers and researchers to generate a photorealistic virtual reality experience. This includes the libraries that allow the invention of complex data processing computational graphs, the data management of hundreds of petabytes of avatar data, as well as the benchmarking of industry leading machine learning models. At our lab, you will be exposed to facilities, algorithms, and data that are years ahead of anything else in existence today. We want people who work well across disciplines, are excited about getting research prototypes to really work, and are excited to work in new technology areas.
ML Software Engineer for Codec Avatar Platforms Responsibilities:
- Architect a software platform that allows the processing of complex compute graphs at scale.
- Develop a data management system that can track billions of artifacts in a large multi-cluster environment.
- Design intuitive software APIs that researchers and engineers can effectively use.
- Develop technical roadmaps for multiple interconnected software projects.
- Drive the complete software development lifecycle from initial research and analysis through design and implementation with maintenance and support for libraries, applications, and services.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across both machine and human perception teams at Meta to develop experiments, prototypes, and concepts that advance the state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems.
- Mentor and guide software engineers and interns.
- Interpersonal experience: cross-group and cross-culture collaboration
- Experience developing in high performance computing GPU cluster environments (i.e. AWS, google cloud) as well as related platform technologies (containerization, distributed task schedulers, storage and network software technologies)
- 10+ years of experience in C++ and Python
- 5+ years in software development experience developing, debugging, and shipping software products on large code bases that span platforms and tools
- BSc, MSc or PhD degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience on application fundamentals such as lifecycle, testability, performance, telemetry, diagnostics, and power/CPU/memory consumption
- Experience developing in high performance computing GPU cluster environments (i.e AWS, google cloud) as well as related platform technologies (containerization, distributed task schedulers, storage and network software technologies)
- Experience developing web-based applications and services at scale
- Experience developing APIs, SDKs and developer tools
- Experience developing and debugging in large cluster environments
- Experience with machine learning, computer vision, and/or computer graphics
- Experience designing data management systems with large database backends, as well as related programming technologies (schema designs, SQL, etc.)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.