We are currently seeking innovative researchers with a passion for technology to develop next generation near to eye display and imaging systems for our Reality Labs Research team. The role's primary responsibility is developing microLED display architectures and related technologies. These will investigate technology building blocks to enable next generation head mounted display architectures. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated and is keen to get involved across many disparate technical functions. In particular, an individual with expertise in photonic devices, and who is able to model advanced semiconductor configurations. The candidate will have a proven track record and technical expertise in microLED design, and knowledge of semiconductor growth, fabrication, and test. The candidate will have deep understanding of semiconductor light sources, color conversion materials, and display system. The successful candidate will contribute to the company's technology roadmap and will help with the design, development, and fabrication of next generation light sources. The candidate is expected to have an understanding of displays.
MicroLED Research Scientist Responsibilities:
- Develop novel concepts for compound semiconductor microLED arrays and extend to custom structures for light sources.
- Work with third parties to research novel microLED structures.
- Will perform test and experimentation in an independent manner and feedback results in a timely manner to other group members.
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers to develop concepts that advance the entire product pipeline (hardware, firmware, middleware and applications).
- PhD degree in Optical Sciences, Physics, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in microLED applied research and/or product development for advanced systems.
- Knowledge of and experience with color science, colorimetry, and visual optics.
- A research background in microLED technology.
- Knowledge of sources (lasers and LED's), spatial light modulators, diffractive optics, optical materials, and thin film optics.
- Hands-on experience of optical characterization of microLED components and sub-systems.
- Knowledge of III-V semiconductor epitaxy and processing.
- Experience of advanced modelling concepts for microLED structures.
- Device physics understanding for microLED structure and other advanced light sources.
- Knowledge of and hands-on experience with a broad range of compound semiconductor electrical and optical test characterizations.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.