Mass General Brigham's board and system-wide executive leadership are making significant investments in enterprise data and digital health, enabling innovation and transformation in the delivery of health care, research and discovery. By building out core digital and data capabilities, we are supporting the achievement of Mass General Brigham's mission to drive growth and innovation in inpatient, ambulatory, and digital care. We are at the start of this journey and we are looking for talented individuals from across the nation to join us in transforming healthcare and in achieving the expected outcomes of this strategy: improved patient care, quality of care, patient engagement, and efficiency in the delivery of healthcare with excellence.
In the achievement of these goals, Mass General Brigham's data and analytic teams are working together to build a system-wide data ecosystem. We are both leveraging current assets and building new, integrated solutions to provide a holistic set of industry-leading data and analytic capabilities, supporting Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), and real-time insights. Teams from Data and Analytics, Research Analytics, Clinical Data Science, and Information Systems are collaborating to build this new data and analytic ecosystem. To ensure success of this effort, Mass General Brigham is standing up a new Data and Analytics operating model with a goal of driving a level of standardization for data and analytic operations across the teams involved.
We are looking for an experienced Metadata Management Lead who will be responsible for leading the efforts in ingesting metadata information from multiple platforms (SQL Server, Tableau, Azure, etc.) to the Collibra Data Governance platform. The resource will work closely will cross-functional teams including IS, Info Security, Center for Cloud Enablement, Data Lake to finalize the integration architecture and support in hardening the operating model of various assets. Ideal candidate needs to have solid understanding of Collibra platform and able to provide recommendations for various business entities needing to implement Data Governance. The Metadata Management Lead is responsible for direct management of 1-3 full-time employees, as well consulting resources where necessary for larger projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration
- Ensures appropriate standards and best practices are adopted while creating any content within Collibra DGC including creation of Communities, Domains, Attributes, etc.
- Provide architectural recommendation for cross-platform synchronization using API integrations.
- Work closely with Data/Security/Cloud Architects to finalize the integration architecture of ingesting Azure services, Tableau, SQL Server and other assets to Collibra
- Ensures integration with Active Directory wherever feasible to secure the content within Collibra platform.
- Work alongside Collibra Engineers to develop new and enhances existing communities to meet business needs and translate domain requirements into effective design
- Leads the design and development of workflows and other automatic processes within the various Collibra environments to support hospital-based applications.
- Leads the efforts of standardizing and streamlining the operating model within Collibra.
- Leads the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of the Collibra platform. Seeks to ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the platform meet the needs of the users.
- Work with MGB IS Open Systems team to coordinate, schedule, and manage system updates, patches, and configuration changes.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and teams from other parts of the organization to provide seamless support to end users of the Collibra platform.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Lead team of technical resources (1-3 full time and/or Contract Resources) and their day-to-day work activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- 7+ years of overall experience in the field of Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Governance.
- Excellent understanding of data administration and management functions (collection, organization, analysis, distribution etc.). Demonstrated experience with modern data management tools (e.g. Informatica, Collibra, Trillium, etc.). Preferably Collabra.
- Exposure to API integration methodologies need for cross platform integration
- Exposure to Azure Cloud Services (Azure Data Lake, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks)
- Experience with healthcare data a plus.
- Experience understanding technical specification documentation.
- Solid understanding of data structure, integration and relational database design.
- Able to quickly adapt and learn in an ever-changing technical, contractual, and regulatory environment.
- Experience architecting and implementing data governance policies and procedures.
- Prior experience managing team and their activities.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word etc.).
- Bachelor's degree or combination of equivalent education and work experience.
- Excellent stakeholder-facing and internal communication skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Self-motivated, independent and possesses the ability to learn quickly.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build consensus across teams, with staff and leadership.
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skillsets, backgrounds and levels within the organization.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal.
- Requires minimal direction from leadership.
- May have direct reports (full-time) and/or manage activities of contract resources.
- No direct budgetary responsibility.
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Partners resources.
Mass General Brigham's main office is in Somerville, MA. We are currently working in a hybrid model due to COVID-19 and encourage applications from across the US as telecommuting becomes part of our new normal. We are committed to building an engaged, inclusive community and offer a variety of opportunities to come together virtually and facilitate learning and collaboration
- Possible local to Boston travel to MGB sites, role is remote within the US, due to covid-19 pandemic
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.