Interested in working in the wine/spirits industry? The Merchandiser role is a paid training ground to jump start your sales career in the beverage industry. There is an opportunity for professional development and growth within the Company. This role provides an opportunity to learn the various divisions, portfolios, brands, and sales technology.
To support sales and marketing efforts of the company by assisting customers with inventory management in the assigned account. This is accomplished through delivery assistance, stocking & maintaining of shelves, cold box, and back room. This role requires creative, fast paced thinking and collaborative teamwork with sales personnel and customers.
Territory covers but is not limited to the South Shore in Massachusetts.
- Enhancing visibility of shelves, cold boxes and retail inventories within assigned accounts according to the merchandising standards
- Work with Sales Representatives and Corporate Mass Marketing to ensure proper inventory of products for shelf, counter, cold box, and floor displays
- Adherence to brand standards set by suppliers
- Establish and maintain rapport with store managers
- Share brand & product knowledge with store managers and customers as needed
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to learn brand and product knowledge
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
- Self-motivated, team player who is enthusiastic
Physical Demands and Environment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- College degree or equivalent work experience/training/education preferred
- Candidate must possess valid Massachusetts driver's license and registration
- Consistent physical exertion including the consistent lifting of objects weighing up to 25 pounds and the occasional lifting of objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Work requires constant standing or walking throughout the work day
- Work requires considerable mental concentration to effectively execute complex tasks requiring periods of focused mental and visual concentration
- Work requires travel and exposure to weather conditions while visiting customers, prospects or vendors
- Potential for accidents due to over the road travel including traffic accidents or delivery of goods
: $20.00 per hourSchedule
: Monday - Friday, and Saturday work requiredCompany Benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Earned Time Off (ET0)
- Earned Sick Time
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement
- Certification Courses provided (Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW)), and (Certified Specialist of Spirits (CSS)).
At Martignetti Companies, we have a strong commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion and aspire to be reflective of the diverse communities we serve. We aim to attract and hire qualified candidates who hold these same values, provide diverse perspectives, and contribute to creating a workplace where all employees experience a sense of belonging.
Martignetti is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Martignetti complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
This job has expired.