Medical Technologist I - Elwood, IN
Shift: Wednesday 12-hr shifts/nights/ 6:00pm-6:30am
*Proof of COVID vaccination required*
$10,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!
QuestDiagnostics is growing! Quest has recently acquired MACL - and our new lab isexpanding quickly!
As an industry leader, joining our teamprovides the opportunity to work alongside top talent in our unique,innovative work environment. We offer competitive pay and a robusttotal rewards package. We are dedicated to maintaining a healthy workenvironment and ensure our employees have work-life balance. We know ourcurrent employees are the future of our company - and we're committed tofostering their growth internally so they can invest in long-termcareers here with us. We recently implemented a new team structure designedto help us achieve that. This new structure will enhance the support &development provided to our staff, so every employee has the opportunityto advance their career here. Join us at Quest - where you will have acareer that you can be proud of!
1. Follow the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling andprocessing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient testresult;
2. Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples aretested in the same manner as patient specimens;
3. Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures (see department SOPs).
4. Review and release test results.
5. Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines as described in theirrespective guidelines.
6. Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all qualitycontrol activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenanceperformed;
7. Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever testsystems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels ofperformance.
8. Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting oftest results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the seniortechnologist or supervisor.
9. Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from thelaboratory's established performance specifications.
10. Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results toclients.
11. If applicable, answer questions from customers or other lab personnel.
12. Maintain complete records of all testing performed on-site.
13. Make sure reagents/test kits have received dates, expiration dates, and ifapplicable opened dates. 14. Review/train on new procedures.
BS in Medical Technology preferred; or BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology, orAssociates degree in a Laboratory Science or Medical Technology, or Previouslyqualified as a Technologist under 42 CFR 493. 1433 published in March 14, 1990.Foreign educated candidates must provide a detailed credential evaluation fromIERF (International Education Research Foundation). United States educatedcandidates must provide a detailed original transcript.
1 year Clinical experience (high complexity testing) preferred. Minimumof 1 year of clinical laboratory experience in highly complex testing for thosewith BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology.
Day 1 Medical/Dental/Vision
15 PTO days first year
Annual Bonus Opportunity
401K matching up to 5% after year 1
Tuition Reimbursement for undergraduate and graduate programs
Opportunities for career advancement
Discounts with hundreds of participating vendors
Key Word Search:
• MT/CLS - Microbiology: Microbiology, Microbiologist, MolecularMicrobiology, Bacteriology, Mycology, Phycology, Virology, PublicMicrobiologist
• MT/CLS - Hematology: Hematology, Hematologist ,Hematological, Hemoglobin, Blood Bank, Coagulation, CBC (Complete Blood Count)
• MT/CLS - Immunochemistry: Immunochemistry, Immunochemist,Immunochemical, Assay Validation - ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay),Immunology, Chemistry, Chemoimmunology
• MT/CLS - Chemistry: Chemistry, Chemoimmunology ,Immunochemistry, Immunoassays, electrochemistry, Chemical Science
• MT/CLS - Toxicology or PDM - Toxicology, Pain, PainManagement, Pain Monitoring, LCMS, mass spectrometry, LCMSMS