Everside Health is a national on-site, near-site and virtual primary care provider on a mission to fix America's broken healthcare delivery model. We are technology-driven and care-obsessed. With our expanding reach, scale, and expertise, we truly make an impact on a national level by serving more clients and improving the health of more people, all while achieving the goal of reducing the total cost of healthcare for employers and organizations. That's why we exist - and our relentless focus through care delivery access, technology, transparency, and relationships drives us every day.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Everside Health
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering and/or referring inquiries
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties and answering questions
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Coordinate backup phone coverage when away from desk or out of the office
- Maintain front reception area in a clean and professional looking manner
- Assist LPM/Medical Office Assistant with work on Electronic Medical Record (EMR) entering patient information
- Maintain confidentiality of patients and their records
- Call for pickup of overnight packages
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Appropriately assertive, enthusiastic, self-directed, and a team- oriented consensus-builder, with a commitment to wellness, health promotion, and chronic condition management;
- Exhibit tact, patience, and resourcefulness in working with patients, clinicians, clients, colleagues, vendors, and personnel
- Passionate about transforming the way healthcare is delivered.
- Passionate about the patient experience
- Desire to improve the quality of care for people
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment where patients come first
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for creating and driving best practices.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for patients
- Great customer service skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Positive solution oriented
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- 1-3 years' experience in a medical office environment
- Must be proficient in the use of an electronic medical record; experience with eClinicalWorks is a plus
- Ability to easily establish rapport and relationships;
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and high volume of activities;
- Good organizational skills and ability to prioritize well;
- Good communication skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Understanding of employee benefits, insurance products and concepts;
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to successfully perform the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.WORK ENVIRONMENT
Moderate noise (business office with computers and printers, light traffic). This role requires one to travel to an office daily for delivery of health care.ADA
Everside Health provides reasonable accommodations to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential Physical and/or Mental functions of a position.VISUAL REQUIREMENTS
Vision adequate to perform the essential duties/responsibilities of position.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Physical requirements can vary. These must be reviewed with management. However, in general, the position requires the following physical activities: Ability to lift minimum of 1 pounds to a maximum of 20 pounds unassisted; able to perform repetitive standing, sitting, stooping, walking, stretching, reaching, lifting, and use full range of body motions. Ability to use computer and all peripherals for extended periods of time (hand/finger dexterity) to meet performance goals and submit deliverables within deadlines.
This job has expired.