Location:Johns Hopkins Health System, Baltimore, MD 21201
Join an amazing global healthcare organization!
Excellent compensation package!
Awesome benefits, including dependent tuition reimbursement!
Requisition #: 471167
Location: 1812 Ashland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205
Full Time (40 hours)
Day Shift, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt; Pay Grade: NN
This sequence of job descriptions is for the registered or certified, degreed design professional, progressing as experience is gained in healthcare facility planning and design. Applicable to all positions in this description, working collaboratively as part of a professional team with lower and higher level staff, and performing work under the supervision of more senior staff:
- Plans, designs, and prepares architectural or interior design project scopes, including concept drawings, presentation drawings, graphic presentations and other relevant documents relating to additions, alterations and renovations. Develops space layouts, furniture placement studies and other documents relating to space planning, master planning, space analyses, and designs of additions, alterations and renovations.
- Function as a lead in project and medical planning efforts by investigating the functional and operational requirements of various departments and establishing the appropriate building program to support operations for renovations and new construction projects.
- Establish programs and functional layouts to accommodate flow of patients and staff while meeting Joint Commission and Safety regulations.
- Resolve routine and complex internal functional issues, space constraints, and interrelated functional problems that surface during planning and implementation. Partner with clients to integrate strategic planning with clinical, operational, facility and technology planning.
- Lead user/client meetings including interviewing departmental leadership and reviewing business plans. Provide alternate design solutions for consideration based on client feedback.
- Partner with planning and architect consultants in developing comprehensive campus master facility plans and master space utilization plans.
- Routinely supervises and oversees the work of other team staff on specific projects, providing guidance, leadership and motivational support
- Leads and manages the development, reviews, and oversight of efforts to update/maintain drawing standards, and standard finishes and specifications.
- Provides direction and oversight to the work of consultant designers.
- Develops presentations for internal and external parties; leads presentations to internal parties
Performs efforts under the management of the Planning Executive, Director, or Senior Director. Education:
Bachelor's degree in Architecture required.Work Experience:
2 years of experience in hospital programming and planning and departmental layout and design.
Demonstrated ability in application of codes and standards as referenced above.
Experience with multi-structure facilities is preferred.Licensure/Certification:
Current, valid professional registration as Registered Architect (R.A.) in Maryland or have the qualifications to pursue professional registration.Knowledge/Skills:
- Good working knowledge and understanding of building codes in general and practical knowledge in how to read, interpret and understanding the rationale behind the codes. Specific experience with International Building Code (IBC), ADA, NFPA Life Safety Code, Hospital Design Guidelines of the Facilities Guidelines Institute (FGI), Behavioral Health Guidelines.
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD, latest version.
- Functional knowledge of computer applications (PC- and network-based), including Windows, departmental e-mail, word processing, database, spreadsheet, project management and presentation packages.
- Demonstrated partnering and professional leadership skills required to interview and communicate with departmental leaders, directors, staff, consultants and clients. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, latest Version, is preferred.
- High level of ability to solve problems and manage information indicated herein.
- Ability to plan, research, analyze, coordinate, implement and present project requirements.
- InIteracts professionally with JHM/departmental staff as well as contractors, manufacturers, vendors and consultants.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are drug-free workplace employers.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/medical-planner-manager-supervisor-johns-hopkins-health-syst-593423-8adac/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency