Location:Johns Hopkins Intrastaff, Baltimore, MD 21201
Category:Clerical and Administrative Support
Johns Hopkins Intrastaff is the internal staffing agency for the Johns Hopkins Health System and partner hospitals, providing temporary support to a variety of the Johns Hopkins locations. Our employees are the strength of our service. Intrastaff is unique because it's one of the very few agencies where a person has the benefit of being a temporary employee and also feels like a member of a large organization. Working at Hopkins means joining a culturally diverse team that includes some of the best nurses, physicians and allied health professionals in the world. Directly or indirectly, you'll have exposure to cutting-edge technology and groundbreaking medical research.
Medical Administrative Support. Professionally and efficiently handle incoming requests from patients and ensure that issues are resolved both promptly and thoroughly. Provide quality service and support in a variety of areas which may include, but not limited to scheduling, registration and care coordination. Carries out duties and responsibilities with limited supervision. Makes decisions and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations. Responsible for completing regular tasks without repeated instructions.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30a to 5p
- Patient scheduling
- Provide administrative support for medical matters on behalf of physicians
- Other activity processed in EPIC, including but not limited to coordinating clinic follow-up of high importance activities
- Respond to ad hoc patient inquiries and requests in a timely, professional, and courteous manner, including communicating relevant information to and from the physician
- Prepare to support clinic activities from home in case of JHU closure (install virtual desktop and keep electronic reference lists as needed, and make sure you have cell or home phone numbers for physicians, supervisors, and clinic manager).
- Provide coverage to the Division front desk and telephone line. Provide back-up support coverage for lunches, illness, and other time-off requests as needed in the Division.
- Provide leave coverage of other clinical support co-workers' job duties, including review and triaging patient requests received, performing needed clinical preparation and follow up, providing other support to physicians as needed, and facilitating clinic schedule changes
- Academic/General Administrative Support - As necessary. Provide general administrative support to one or more physicians
High School diploma or GED required.
Two years of work experience required in a similar service-oriented industry.
Experience in a medical office setting strongly preferred.
Intermediate computer and proof reading skills required.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required. Training will be provided for Hopkins clinical information systems, and proficiency must be achieved and maintained.
Knowledge of general medical terminology required.
Knowledge of medical insurance coverage preferred.
Demonstrated ability for self-direction, initiation, and handling of multiple tasks required.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
Demonstrated customer service skills required.
Johns Hopkins Health System and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Apply To apply, visit https://jobs.hopkinsmedicine.org/job/medical-office-coordinator-clerical-and-administrative-support-johns-hopkins-intrastaff-2916-b5462/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency