It's more than a career, it's a calling
WI-SSM Health St. Mary's Care Center
Candidate must have taken medication aide training and be certified prior to consideration.
This is a full-time, benefit & shift-differential eligible position working on the evening shift.
Assists with medication administration to residents according to their established care plan and in compliance with State and Federal regulations. Works under the direction of a licensed nurse.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Maintains accurate inventory of medications at the beginning and end of each shift. Ensures accurate distribution of medications to all residents, and completes the 3 checks prior to administering meds. Monitors for medication side effects. Ensures that medications are provided in a manner consistent with manufacturer's guidelines. Provides medication pass assistance twice per shift.
- Provides quality care to subacute/chronically ill residents, assists in the care of acutely ill residents, and administers medications according to standards of care, and maintains competency in all required skills. Uses equipment according to standards of care and policy/procedure. Reports repair needs. Monitors resident condition and reports significant changes.
- Answers call lights, assists with two person transfers and ambulation, range of motion exercises, and meal service.
- Participates in report at the beginning of each shift. Communicates throughout the shift on a timely basis with team nurse, reporting any changes of condition, or unusual symptoms immediately. Communicates appropriate information to other care providers.
- Completes all assigned documentation requirements including, medication/treatment administration. Keeps access code for computer confidential at all times. Maintains privacy and confidentiality for residents at all times including resident information in any format: paper, electronic, video, photographic, and conversation.
- Monitors to ensure that preventative measures, as specified on the residents personalized care card, are in place. Forwards any reports of rashes, open areas, edema, blisters, skin tears etc. immediately to the team nurse.
- Responds promptly to all alarms. Ensures that preventative measures as per resident's care card are in place. Remains alert to fall risks and utilizes safe room set-up before leaving resident's room.
- Treats pain and restlessness and assists with hygiene needs for residents at end of life. Offers family courtesy meals and other amenities.
- Complies with safety policies/procedures to ensure safe practices for residents, staff, self and others. Ensures compliance with gait belt use for all manually assisted transfers, locomotion/transfer, lifting devices, resident positioning. Uses good body mechanics while on duty. Identifies wandering residents and responds to door alarms.
- Uses and disposes of sharps according to safety standards. Reports safety incidents, concerns, or hazards to team nurse or other responsible parties as indicated. Complies with infection control standards during tour of duty including hand hygiene, appropriate use of personal protective equipment, and universal precautions. Maintains residents in isolation when indicated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
Licenses / Certifications:
- One year geriatric experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - State of Work LocationWork Shift:
Evening Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
18050055 Nursing - CNAScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here