Job ID: 242041
Work Type: Full Time Permanent
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Responsible of provide leadership, coaching, technical direction, and supervision to the mechanical supervisors to ensure efficient execution and a high level of quality assurance on all mechanical jobs. By working closely with Electrical Manager and Reliability Manager, ensure all maintenance work is executed in line with the plant priorities - this will be carried out with close coordination with production, process, and quality departments
Responsible of the development and co-ordination of and maintenance activities related with the Dust Collectors, shop, mobile equipment, and other duties as assigned, this position will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager.
The Mechanical Manager is responsible for:
- Lead by example in regards with our safety values and rules.
- Ensuring maintenance tasks are completed within departmental budget constrains
- Provide the ultimate technical advice to supervisors in all relevant equipment of the cement plant from
the mechanical perspective.
- Ensuring completion of maintenance tasks with the highest level of safety, quality, and effectiveness
- Applying preventative and predictive maintenance practices and contribute to plant reliability improvements
- Ensuring sustainable performance which is aligned to plant objectives, values, and behaviours
- Ensure daily and weekly activities are follow-up and well executed within the mechanical department.
- Direct the medium-term strategy for plant maintenance
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Communicate clearly on information relating to safety and obtain confirmation that they are clearly understood.
- Complete IRIC & Safety Flash documentation for all relevant incidents within area of responsibility
- Ensure that key equipment is correctly maintained and "fit for purpose"
- Ensure that all maintenance contractors are suitably site inducted and are aware of the local safety rules
- Ensure excellent housekeeping standards are maintained within the mechanical workshop
- All work and tasks must be covered by suitable JSR and STOP assessments
- Responsible for the execution and the quality of maintenance work carried out on mechanical equipment according to plant work orders
- Reviewing of maintenance spend and providing information leading to good budget control
- Responsibility for the day to day scheduling and assignment of work is and necessary resources
- Responsibility for ensuring equipment is returned to production in a safe condition and all operational checks have been completed
- Responsibility for maintenance contractors whilst on site ensuring work is safely completed to the required quality
- Responsibility for providing information on task costs leading to good decision making
- Responsibility for ensuring major plant shutdowns have a detailed schedule of tasks,
associated costs and a comprehensive resource plan
- Contribute to the development of working methods and definition of procedures as well as ensuring their implementation
- Leading people: defining the missions and clear SMART objectives of your workforce inclusive of performance reviews aligned with business priorities
- Coaching and developing your team member skills such as new processes and tools
- Proactive collaboration with production, process and quality departments
- Help to build the annual maintenance plan and Budget, including spare parts and inventory management
- Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement as it pertains to subordinates;
- Organize payroll information for all mechanical maintenance personnel, organize and maintain vacation times, banked times and training schedules
- Prepare and submit regular maintenance and regulatory reports as required.
- Bachelor's/University Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Cement or any other Heady Industry mechanical experience is required
- 10 years of increasing responsibility experience in the maintenance unionized heavy manufacturing industry; cement industry preferred
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of:
- Principles of effective safety management, regulations, codes, guidelines, programs, systems and safe work procedures and practices.
- Principles of leadership, coaching and development of people.
- Methods, practices, techniques, equipment, and regulations used in the cement/heavy industry
- Maintenance and repair of a facility in a unionized heavy manufacturing environment.
- Administrative principles and methods of project management, goal setting, program development and implementation.
- Principles of budget preparation and administration.
- Ability to:
- Plan, assign, direct and coordinate a variety of mechanical maintenance functions within overlapping work areas.
- Analyze complex operational issues, evaluate alternatives and recommend or implement effective course of action.
- Develop and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work standards and management controls.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within general policy guidelines.
- Develop, motivate and evaluate staff performance.
- Be a change agent, able to motivate others towards a vision of the future.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, employees and management peers.
- Prepare, administer and monitor a budget.
- Prepare clear and concise records, reports, correspondence, and presentations.
- Drives Results
- Attracts & Develops Talent
- Customer Focus
- Being Resilient
- Builds Effective Teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to lift small objects frequently, weighing no more than 20 lbs.
- This position is sedentary in nature but may require periods of standing and walking
- This position is office based and is therefore indoors and climate controlled
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada's diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2020 Job Segment:
Engineer, Electrical, Manager, Facilities, Quality Assurance, Engineering, Management, Operations, Technology
This job has expired.