Job Location: Hershey, PA
Position Type: Hourly
Pay Rate: $24.36
Shift: Ability to work all 3 shifts needed
The Maintenance Apprenticeship Program is an entry level multidisciplinary curriculum designed to train and quality candidates with an emphasis in mechanical and process systems, and practical basic electrical knowledge. The program includes on-site hands-on training in addition to external classroom training. Typical work includes but is not limited to, preventative maintenance work on equipment, line setups, and changeovers, repairs/rebuilds of equipment and components. Training criteria and skill level proficiency must be met for ongoing eligibility in the program. Enrollment in and the successful completion of the Hershey Mechanical Apprentice Program for advanced multi-skilling is a requirement of the Apprentice Program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Upon completion of training:
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements on pneumatic systems, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, engineering specifications; and troubleshooting malfunctions
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventative maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests
Performs other duties that are assigned by supervisor
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess a High School Diploma / GED
- Must be flexible to work all shifts
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend English
- Must possess ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings
- Must possess an understanding of mechanics and mechanisms
- Must possess an understanding of electricity
- Must possess basic math skills
- Maintain all minimum employment requirements
- An understanding of industrial safety practices and procedures
- Computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic knowledge of computer-based maintenance management systems (SAP)
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to work around operating equipment
- Must be able to stand, walk, reach, stoop, crawl, and bend for an extended period of time and also work from different elevations, different temp conditions
Repetitive use of hands, wrists, forearms
- Work will be performed within a food manufacturing facility
- The use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required to include but not limited to safety toe shoes, ear plugs, safety glasses/goggles, bump caps, hair and beard nets, and gloves
- Wearing company issued and laundered uniforms is a requirement
Any employee who has made a verbal commitment to accept a Reese's plant job posting will be required to accept the posting.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
This job has expired.