Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical is an innovative commercial HVAC, facilities, and MEP services company. Through innovative design, quality execution, and 90+ years of experience providing total mechanical solutions, we help clients across Wisconsin meet their facilities' full lifecycle requirements.
We are looking for employees to be part of a rewarding, productive work environment. Together, we solve complex challenges, complete ambitious projects, and deliver top-quality service. Our drive to create more efficient, sustainable, comfortable environments for our customers continues to fuel our strong market position-and is the foundation on which our employees build fulfilling careers.
To encourage the development of your full potential, we offer vast opportunities to learn new skills and experience innovation at work.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Summary: The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the creation of HVAC designs, including system narratives, drawings and specifications for a variety of project types and sizes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the creation of HVAC designs, including system narratives, drawings and specifications for a variety of project types and sizes.
- Certify HVAC system plans.
- Design heating, ventilation, and air conditioning layouts using (CAD) system.
- Calculate heat gain/loss for residential and commercial applications.
- Work in close contact and effectively interact with the internal design, construction and service teams.
- Conducts engineering qualification tests on products including coordinating with outside agencies to ensure compliance. Develops working prototypes and outlines and tests for compliance.
- Prepare proposals for negotiated construction projects, including Design/Build Projects.
- Assist in the preparation of conceptual cost estimates for a wide variety of HVAC systems.
- Participate in project interviews and make presentations to external clients.
- Assist in establishing HVAC basis of design for various projects.
- Participate in and oversee QA/QC processes for your work.
- Reads and interprets complex architectural drawings and 3D models and performing calculations to support design decisions.
- Assist in determining project schedules, manpower requirements and project budgets.
- Perform construction administration and field investigation tasks on construction projects.
- Assist in the processing of Submittals, RFI's, Change Orders, Bulletins, and Record Drawings.
- Assist in the functional testing and commissioning of HVAC systems.
- Takes initiative to recommend product improvements or cost reductions.
- Works with the Project Manager to establish and maintain consistent standards projects.
- Participates in department meetings as requested.
- Performs additional assignments as requested and maintains a teamwork attitude.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Possess a basic understanding of the proper application of HVAC systems
- Exhibit a basic understanding of LEED principals, particularly related to HVAC design
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of applicable building codes
- Experience with reading and interpreting complex architectural drawings and 3D models and performing calculations to support design decisions.
- Possess a Professional Engineer's License or State Licensed Designer of Mechanical Systems Stamp.
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled