Georgia-Pacific just opened a new state-of-the art lumber mill in Talladega, Alabama! This location receives about 150 log trucks a day and produces approximately 300 million board-feet of lumber a year! This is an exciting opportunity to work in a technologically advanced plant.
We are recruiting for a Maintenance Technician. This highly skilled position will support our operations efficiency through troubleshooting and maintaining manufacturing equipment and processes. In our environment employees, can thrive and they are encouraged to create the greatest value for themselves, the organization, our customers, and society.
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Troubleshooting, installing, aligning, dismantling, repairing, and maintaining industrial machinery, mechanical equipment, electrical equipment, and circuits
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic proactive asset strategies, such as maintenance routes, preventative maintenance, and other tasks to improve reliability and uptime
- Installing and repairing mechanical drives, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, belts, and couplings
- Maintaining and troubleshooting pneumatic systems, control devices, hydraulic equipment, circuits and components
- Performing daily preventative maintenance routes
- Reading and interpreting mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic schematics
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventive maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures and actively participating in the safety program
- Assisting in the development and implementation of reliability centered maintenance strategies
- Using pipefitting skills to weld, cut, fit and install piping throughout the facility
- Applying problem solving methods to identify the root cause and eliminate failures
- Working in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience troubleshooting hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Minimum of (3) years of experience with installation, calibration, fabrication, and preventive maintenance in a manufacturing, industrial, or military environment
- Experience with fabrication and welding
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes and conveyors
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings, and pumps and lubrication
- Experience working with preventative and predictive maintenance
- Willing and able to work in high and/or confined spaces, perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for up to 12 (twelve) hours a day and be able to work any night shift, weekend, holiday, and overtime on a rotating schedule.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Electrical experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or military environment
- Two (2) year Industrial Technology degree or higher
- Experience reading electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job has expired.