S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: Material Puller - 1st Shift
The primary function of this role is to process inventory received and shipped in the Fabrication Shop. The Company goal is to continuously grow revenues while maintaining profits, satisfying customers' requirements, and staying compliant with NFPA guidelines. This position reports to the Fabrication Shop Manager and will require a close working relationship with the Project Managers, Purchasing Department, Transportation Department, and VP, Operations Support. This position is represented by the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union #219.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment with a focus towards detail and accuracy. It may require occasional travel to customer sites. This position works independently unless otherwise outlined in the essential duties and responsibilities below.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Research and verify the appropriate job number and name for all inventory.
- Sort all inventory by job number and name.
- Ensure inventory is sorted on the shelves for ease of pulling.
- Tag and label all inventory pulled by job/job area.
- Pull material and place it in the appropriate Fabrication area as necessary.
- Label all returns with the date and job name.
- Work with the Purchasing Department, Fabrication Shop Manager, and Project Manager to determine if returns should be shelved or given to the Transportation Department to be sent back to the appropriate vendor.
- Verify all outgoing inventory has an order number assigned before pulling.
- Work with the Purchasing Department to ensure all orders are pulled from inventory and given to the Transportation Department so they can be shipped to the job site in a timely manner.
- Address all problems/issues with the Mechanical Fabrication Shop Manager.
- Deliver material to job sites as directed.
- Load and unload inventory from trucks as directed.
- Ability to work O.T. when required including weekends if required.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Education / Work Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of experience in the plumbing and/or pipe fitting industry is a plus.
- Knowledge of mechanical fittings, basic construction, and ability to read a tape measure required.
- Ability to be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- Computer Skills: Significant experience with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).