Job Summary: Responsible for performing a variety of routine hazardous and non-hazardous waste tasks in the movement of solids and liquids. Tasks could include all types of manual labor in cleaning and decontamination operations, vacuum projects and handling, packing, re-packing, unloading and loading containers for processing at site or transportation to appropriate facilities with little to no supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Load and unload various size containers (10, 20, 37, 44 gallon barrels).
● Construct boxes and/or fiber containers and stacks, labels, and loads containers.
● Use a variety of tools such as impact wrenches, shovels, jackhammers, etc.
● Transport hazardous waste materials from storage facilities within the facility as directed.
● Decontaminate and dispose of empty drums and/or containers according to RCRA and disposal guidelines.
● Complete all necessary paperwork for processing materials to include transportation of materials to and from various locations.
● Perform general housekeeping duties.
● Maintain a clean, organized and safe work area.
● Inspection material handling equipment as directed.
● Loading/unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous waste materials at designated sites utilizing appropriate equipment for which you are appropriately trained.
● Train entry level material handlers
● High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) preferred
● 40-Hour HAZWOPER training preferred
● Forklift Certified
Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
● Ability to communicate through reading and writing
● Trained in the use of material handling equipmentAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Provide an email, zip code for jobs, and/or job category to subscribe to job alerts. Learn more now.