Position Title: Master Plumber
Reports To: General Manager
Status: Full-time, Regular position
Location Name: Gelber Service Experts
Location Address: 1079 Front St, Uniondale, NY 11553
Join the team of experts and realize your true potential!
Why You Should Join the Service Experts Team?
Our team consists of the very best; we believe in doing what is right for our customers and our employees. We provide our employees with the training, support and an opportunity for unlimited professional growth. Join us and become an EXPERT!
Under minimal supervision, performs diagnostic, service, and installation of plumbing in residential and light-commercial environments. Holds master plumbing and/or gas license as required by governmental regulations. Ensures that work is performed in accordance with relevant codes. Assembles, installs, or repairs pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems in accordance to specifications and plumbing codes. Communicates with customer to answer questions, resolves problems, and ensures complete customer satisfaction. Promotes products and services to customer. Works under the direction of the Field Supervisor or General Manager.
What Do We Offer You as a Service Experts Employee?
Service Experts offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support employees and their families in managing their health and wellness needs. Following is a summary of the many benefits that could be available to you as a Service Experts valued employee.
- Competitive Pay, including incentive opportunities for many positions
- Paid Time Off and Company Holiday Pay
- Medical /Dental /Vision Insurance programs
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company matching contributions
- Life Insurance, for you and options you can elect for your family
- Short-term and Long-term disability insurance options, that protects you and your family if you are unable to work
- Supplemental benefit programs such as: Legal advice, pet insurance, health advocacy programs
- World Class Training opportunities through our Experts University
- Career Development opportunities
Service Experts Heating & Air Conditioningis an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ResponsibilitiesKey Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and resolves customer problems in a courteous, professional, timely, and accurate manner. Identifies potential problems to prevent premature and unexpected breakdowns or callbacks.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems carrying water, steam, chemicals and fuel in heating, cooling, lubricating and other process piping systems by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains. Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures; test joints and pipe systems for leaks, open clogged drains, measure, cut, thread, bend, ream and install pipe and pipe fittings. Inspects high pressure, air, steam, water and gas systems to ascertain malfunctions.
- Assembles pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment. Weld small pipes or special piping, using specialized techniques, equipment, or materials, such as computer-assisted welding or microchip fabrication.
- Locates and marks the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, or fixtures in structures, using measuring instruments such as rulers or levels, and cuts openings
- Installs pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools. Anchors steel supports from ceiling joists to hold pipes in place. Cuts openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools.
- Measures, cuts, threads, or bends pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines
- Installs underground storm, sanitary, or water piping systems, extending piping as needed to connect fixtures and plumbing
- Reviews blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures. Interprets drawings and specifications to determine layout requirements. Studies building plans and inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations, and to plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
- Fills pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks
- Directs helpers engaged in pipe cutting, preassembly, or installation of plumbing systems or components
- Ensures company property, vehicles, and tools are being used, maintained and properly accounted for
- Maintains current plumbing and/or gas license in accordance with governmental regulations
- Following standard procedures and process, ensures that the company vehicle is properly stocked, returns defective warranty parts to branch, and orders/replenishes vehicle stock as needed
- Represents the company professionally, honestly, and ethically in all business matters and activities
- Performs similar/other duties as needed or assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent with on-the-job and formal classroom training in plumbing work in construction, maintenance, commercial, and residential environments
- Seven years' experience in plumbing repair, maintenance, and installation in addition to on-the-job training
- Plumbing and/or gas license as required by local, state, provincial, or national governmental regulations
- EPA and safety certifications required
- Current knowledge of and continuing education in national, state, and local plumbing code regulations
- Proficient mechanical aptitude and the ability to operate all necessary tools and equipment to perform various plumbing projects
- Knowledge of machines and tools used in the construction or repair of houses, buildings and other structures. This knowledge includes the machine and tools design, uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Working proficiency in basic mathematics and metric and standard measurements
- Proficient at reading wiring diagrams and troubleshooting problems with plumbing systems and equipment
- Effective communication skills to communicate with customer and resolve customer issues, complaints, or concerns
- Effective and efficient time-management and organizational skills
- Familiar with the HVAC industry is preferred
- Must be willing to train new plumbers in technical skills and company procedures
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record
- Available to work flexible hours and on-call shifts as needed
- Ability to stand and walk and to climb ladders and attic stairs and to maneuver in attics, basements, and crawl spaces. Ability to continually climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
- Ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, including but not limited to the following: hot, cold, outdoor, indoor, dry, humid, slippery surfaces, heights, and congested areas
- Ability to safely climb 300lb load capacity rated ladders
- Natural or corrected vision to see and focus for close, distance, peripheral vision with normal depth perception
- Ability to lift up to 100 pounds with assistance and ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 50 pounds
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Annual Compensation Range: Minimum $67,421, Maximum $101,132
The job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Service Experts.
Service Experts is committed to making our workplace accessible to individuals with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, for individuals to participate in the application and hiring process. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This job has expired.