Plans electrical systems additions or modifications on secondary circuits. Works on secondary electrical systems that are 1000 volts and below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of secondary electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Ability to use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to repair, install, replace, and test 1000 volts and below electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, and programmable logic controllers for secondary systems 1000 volts and below.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/ or students.
- Ability to read commercial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to install and maintain motors, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers as appropriate to the position.
- Ability to isolate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment.
- This position is considered responsible for Food Safety in accordance with SQF requirements.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacement.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and test electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Leads, guides, and/or trains other electricians in applicable procedures and techniques.
- Repairs and maintains motor control centers and programmable logic controls (1000 volt and below).
- Plans electrical secondary systems additions or modifications.
- May perform work of lower-level electricians.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environment practices.
- Reads, employs, and updates electrical panel schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties and assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIRMENTS:
- Stationary standing: 75% of the shift.
- Walking: 75% of the shift.
- Touching/Handling Product: 5% of the shift.
- Sitting: 10% of the shift.
- Useing Controls/Tools: 100% of the shift.
- Reaching-(Hand & Arm): 100% of the shift.
- Shifting/Twisting/Rotating core: 100% of the shift.
- Climb or Balances: 25% of the shift.
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl: 75% of the shift.
- Talk or hear: 100% of the shift.
- Smell: 5% of the shift.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds/Max.
- Employees may wear corrective lenses (with protective safety over glasses) PPE or use our Safety Prescription Program (Ask your HR Representative).
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Operating a forklift or other material handling equipment is considered a "Safety Sensitive" function. A Safety-Sensitive Function, as defined by the Company, is one that requires the operation of motor vehicles, forklifts, or motorized warehouse equipment, or one that involves inspecting, servicing, conditioning, controlling, supervising, loading, or unloading such machinery.
The Maintenance will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Employee's responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compliance with all facility rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their Supervisor.
- Maintain floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
- Communicate to Management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)/properly and reporting any defective PPE.
- Report all near misses, accidents, injuries, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Employees will be working in a Manufacturing and/or Warehouse environment in all types of weather. Conditions may range from and include : hot, cold, humid, loud, working near airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and forklift traffic.
Employee will work in a manufacturing and/or warehouse environment in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job the employee regularly works with manufacturing equipment. An employee performing the duties of this job is required to use proper safety procedures to eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position requires: High school diploma or GED; at least 6 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Possession of a current Electrical Journeyman License (EE98J). Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirements may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Powered Industrial Truck Certificate (In house training and licensing).
- Lockout/Tagout Certification. (In house training and licensing).
10601 Westlake Drive, Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
, Clover, South Carolina 29710
, York, South Carolina 29745
, Fort Mill, South Carolina 29715
, Rock Hill, South Carolina 29730
, Monroe, North Carolina 28110
, Lancaster, South Carolina 29720
, Gastonia, North Carolina 28106
1001 Westinghouse Boulevard, Charlotte, North Carolina 28273
, Kannapolis, North Carolina 28027
, Matthews, North Carolina 28105
, Huntersville, North Carolina 28070