At Intuitive, we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints. Our mission is our guiding force; our culture is the DNA that makes us unique.
As a pioneer in robotic-assisted surgery (RAS), we have been expanding our innovations through technology to help make a difference in the world. For 25 years, human ingenuity has guided our journey to help solve some of healthcare’s complex challenges.
We believe a great idea can come from anywhere—inclusion and mutual respect are vital to our culture. We value character grounded in integrity, a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and diverse experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and strive to achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients.
Together, let’s help to advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Monitor team-member performance (safety, quality, efficiency, attendance) and escalate issues to management as needed
- Create and distribute daily production reports that includes performance to plan, quality issues, and equipment/fixture issues
- Perform preparation work such as line start-up, line clearance, setting up production boards , setting up goals for each work station, and job daily job rotations
- Operate and set up (as needed), production equipment/fixtures.
- Perform inspection and rework of products as needed
- Prepare and present weekly production data during weekly Engineering walk-through
- Cross-train or mentor others in areas of expertise (as needed).
- Monitor job rotation on the production lines to comply with ergonomic requirements
- Participate in training meetings and provide training plan for employees to ensure job rotation.
- Properly complete manufacturing documentation. Initiate basic material requests, report quality issues, report efficiency, record measurements as needed. May report work order information into computer.
- Maintain the accuracy of identification and count of point-of-use materials. Accurately determine and report material shortages.
- Provide first-line technical support to resolve production issues
- Actively participate in quality improvement initiatives with Engineering and Quality teams
- Support various Lean Manufacturing initiatives that involve a Mfg. based team.
- Review and disposition discrepant material. Implement corrective actions to prevent recurrences.
- Evaluate design for manufacturability (with respect to tooling and assembly methods). Provide suggested change proposals, or tooling concepts during early design process phase to Engineering.
- Be knowledgeable of multiple assembly tasks while meeting requirements for workmanship, safety and productivity.
- Review existing operational and process discrepancies in manufacturing and provide technical expertise to improve procedures
- Review BOM and Traveler/ MPI discrepancies and initiate Engineering Change orders to update/improve.
- Follow all corporate, regulatory, safety and production policies and procedures.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record.
- Support goals for respective manufacturing cell.
- Assemble products to support demand, as needed
- Minimum Experience: 6 years of manufacturing assembly experience or a minimum of 1 year of manufacturing assembly ISI experience. Minimum high school diploma.
- Prefer Intuitive Surgical Tech 3 or Tech 4 but must be in good standing for at least the past 12 months or as determined by area Production Manager. Areas that will be considered are: attendance, conduct, productivity, teamwork, and quality.
- Proficient in Agile and/or SAP
- Proficient in training/mentoring other Assembly Technicians
- Proficient at quality record documentation
- Demonstrates leadership and communication ability
- Demonstrates understanding of basic operational principles of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to diagnose possible root cause failure modes of assemblies upon which training has been completed
- Demonstrates ability to build product with very minimum instructions
- Must be recommended for promotion from the area Production Manager and Management team. Promotion approval may be subject to interview process.
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : No
Travel Requirements: No Shift: Shift 1 - Day
This job has expired.