The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs", the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Instruments Incorporated is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer, located in Piscataway, New Jersey to support our U.S. Scientific business segment. The HR Representative position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HR Representative maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
HORIBA Scientific offers 200 years of experience in developing high-performance scientific instrument and analytical solutions for life sciences, material sciences, water, energy and many other applications.
Essential Job Functions:
The successful candidate will be responsible for manufacturing engineering work, including spectrometers with CCD or CMOS cameras, grating assemblies, light source alignment, and optical optimization, as well as conceiving automated tests (spectral resolution/dynamic range/noise levels, etc.)
- Assembly/testing of prototypes and ramp-up volumes for design optimization, prior to release to manufacturing
- Documenting the manufacturing process with procedures and work instructions
- Daily support of Manufacturing lines, including analyzing data, troubleshooting, root cause analysis of failures on instruments in the manufacturing floor and/or customer returns
- Development and assembly of test fixtures, optimization and validation
- Training manufacturing technicians on new product releases and on changes to existing processes
- Writing reports to customers, engineering and management
- Customer interfacing to support OEM business development, technical support of sales team in pre-sale situations
- Master's Degree preferred in Electrical, Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or related Engineering discipline
- 5+ years in Manufacturing Engineering role, industrialization and/or qualification/testing programs
- Experience in industries involving electronic components and assemblies
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in statistical analysis, spectroscopy application or Imaging Sensors is a plus
- Experience programming in Excel Visual Basic, Access, LabView, C-Sharp or MATLAB plus
- Knowledge of Pro-E (preferred) or Solidworks a plus
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.