Position Summary: Work closely with internal organizations - engineering, purchasing, machining, product assembly and quality - and outside vendors to develop efficient and cost effective product manufacturing methodologies. Must have extensive experience in Aerospace Construction/Fabrication of Composite Structures, Sheet Metal, and Aluminum Extrusion Work.
Key Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Work closely with engineering to evaluate new product designs for manufacturability
Manage Key Projects to drive the manufacturing of new tooling, processes, and production requirements for Composite Structures.
Layout and drive Extrusion and Sheet Metal requirements for projects.
- Develop and document efficient product manufacturing work instructions
- Design manufacturing tooling and fixtures as required
- Input BOMs and routers into the MRP system
- Monitor engineering changes to update MRP to maintain currency of production documentation
- Develop and maintain accurate costs and cost structures in the MRP system
- Support engineering and marketing with proposals and cost estimates
- Conduct trade studies and time studies to increase production efficiencies and reduce scrap
- Monitor purchasing and work order variances to maintain currency of component standard costs
- Interface with vendors and internal Purchasing and Quality departments to qualify vendors
- Maintain AS9100C SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) related to the department
- Be an active participate in MRB meetings resolving issues and identifying corrective actions
- Work on process improvements of material handling throughout the organization
- Introduce machining and assembly improvements to increase efficiency and safety.
- Research and develop new machinery and automation to increase productivity over-all.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- 3-5 years of experience with CNC Machining, Automatic Lathes, and Conventional Machining of Aluminum Aircraft related Parts.
- Knowledge in manufacturing Composite Structures including the tooling and process implementation.
- Experience in Sheet Metal Stretch Forming, Shearing, and Break work.
- Experience in Aluminum Extrusions.
- Knowledge of Plating, Heat Treat, and Non-Destructive Testing.
- Proficient with computers including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficient with an industry standard MRP system
- Comprehensive understanding of mechanical drawings
- Familiarity with wiring and harness drawings
Years of Experience Required: 3-5 years of experience in similar position; preferably in Aerospace industry
Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Manufacturing Engineering (or similar)
Certification Requirements: None required
Working Conditions/Travel Requirements: Office / Minimal travel required
Disclaimer: Job responsibilities and requirements can change at any time.
This job has expired.