How do you manufacture the world's cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what's possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they're making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
Hybrid/flexible work schedule available.
The Manufactured Components (MC) Procurement and Supplier Specialist is responsible for assisting in the MC procurement, sourcing, KPI's & supplier quality activities to support existing MC business and strategic growth opportunities. In addition to overseeing the commercial relationships with subcontractors, the individual will identify and mitigate supply chain risk, effectively manage, and resolve quality problems, manage supplier KPI's drive continuous improvement, and develop supplier capabilities to support MC programs and new business objectives.
MC supply chains consist of internal and external steel providers as well as domestic and international suppliers that provide highly integrated and complex precision machining and material conversion services. Therefore, directing the value-added sourcing activities effectively requires strong technical, commercial, strategic, and supply chain management expertise. This person will be responsible for establishing and maintaining commercial agreements with suppliers, managing the quote and award process, and working on short & long-term supply chain / supplier development tactics, day to day operations and suppliers KPI's to properly manage a complex supply chain.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting multiple large-scale program launch activities through the group's virtual supplier network. Launches represent the initial execution of a supply chain once a purchase order is received from the customer. Launches range in complexity and involve the coordination of a cross-functional team including representatives from quality, engineering, material management, customer relationship management, and sales.
The MC Procurement and Supplier Specialist will develop and define quality policies, supplier KPI's and procedures that support overall MC strategy and drive improved supplier performance. In addition, this key resource will manage robust supply chain solutions and ensure that suppliers are capable of meeting TimkenSteel and customer requirements for quality, cost, delivery, and development (at all business stages: quote, launch, steady state, phase out).
- Lead and manage domestic and international sourcing and KPI management activities that are linked with global sales growth strategy thru the MC channel. This activity will include identification and approval of supply chain solutions, conducting feasibility reviews, and monitoring the financial, operational, and quality performance of suppliers to mitigate risk and maintain continuity of supply. This position will lead KPI development, manage supplier scorecards reflective of contractual KPI's of TimkenSteel and our Customers. Contractual measurements of success include but not limited to ensuring supplier commercial terms are aligned with customer commercial terms, volume commitments from customers to TimkenSteel are passed contractually to suppliers, and the supply chain total cost of ownership to TimkenSteel is optimized.
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to stay abreast of changes in short-term and long-term customer needs and adjust sourcing strategies to accommodate these needs. This would include items such as new products and services being developed, new supply chain requirements, new applications / programs, contractual pricing changes and changes in quality standards.
- Manage the quote, analysis and award process for MC's supply chain. Oversee the RFQ process to insure quotes from suppliers are submitted and analyzed timely and accurately. Work closely with the Legal team to establish detailed commercial documentation with new suppliers. Direct the negotiation of favorable pricing and agreements for new business. Total annual spend in management is $40-50 million with external suppliers.
- Integrate sourcing activities with other business areas/units where practical to provide the lowest total cost of ownership for the TimkenSteel Corporation.
- Assist in launches and work with the front-end segments to make this process adequately scalable to meet customer and business demands. Provide guidance and assistance to the project managers through the launch process and provide support to solve problems that could jeopardize launch success. Total sales and launches being supported by this position is over $250 million.
- Establish and implement strategic programs and analytical tools to evaluate and improve supplier performance throughout the MC supply chain.
- Manage the quality problem resolution and supplier cost recovery processes to minimize the impact, cost, and risk of supplier and/or material quality problems to TimkenSteel, customers, and suppliers.
Bachelor's degree in business or supply chain with at least 12 years of experience in supply chain management, manufacturing, customer service or purchasing. Preferred Qualifications
Master's degree in business or supply chain with at least 10 years of experience in supply chain management, manufacturing, customer service or purchasing.
Travel up to 25% of the time may be required.
This posting will remain open until at least 10/19/2021.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. #CB Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market: