At Ditch Witch in Perry Oklahoma we pride ourselves on being the leading manufacturer in the underground pipe and cable market. Our plant in Perry stands out because it is a place for people to learn and thrive. We enjoy coming to work because our plant is our community, we see our teammates not only as co-workers but as neighbors and family members. All our locations build the intricate network of machinery that contributes to The Toro Company. We contribute to building communities, cities, and the world.
We invite you to apply and join a team of highly skilled, and highly passionate people.
The Manager of Product Marketing - Subsite Electronics leads a team of Product Marketing Managers that supports the business objectives of the Ditch Witch Division and the Subsite Electronics Brand by efficiently and effectively managing assigned underground construction products through their entire lifecycle. Products under the Subsite brand provide underground construction professionals the most comprehensive suite of electronic products and digital solutions in the industry, including Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD) guidance equipment, utility locators and ground penetrating radar, utility inspection systems, and equipment telematics and machine controls.
Key functions include the following: identifying unmet customer needs and growth opportunities and communicating them via the global multi-generational product planning process; leading new product development projects, ensuring that customer requirements are met, and that schedule and financial targets are achieved; launching new products crisply and successfully; and providing clear direction regarding other day-to-day product management tasks. He or she will work closely with customers, dealers, trade organizations and representatives throughout the company, and will represent the company as an underground construction industry expert.
Ability to lead a product management team with the following product management responsibilities:
- Develop, present, and execute multi-generational product plan for assigned Subsite Electronics products.
- Define the market needs and customer expectations.
- Develop the product vision and the strategy to support it.
- Develop, communicate, and execute clearly defined product strategies to meet the company's corporate goals.
- Create and develop business cases for new products based on market knowledge and customer needs that focus on profitability of entire product line.
- Deliver against annual net sales, retail sales, and inventory goals for product line(s).
- Manage assigned product portfolio throughout the entire product life cycle to maximize ROI.
- Lead new product development projects, serving as the advocate for the customer, and developing and communicating clear product specifications.
- Lead and coordinate with cross-functional groups to develop, produce and market products to meet product category strategies.
- Coordinate Voice of the Customer discovery activities and other market research required to fully understand assigned product line(s).
- Gain in-depth market, industry, customer and competitive knowledge to develop customer driven products that position the company as a leader in the industry.
- Develop product launch plans in collaboration with the Ditch Witch division's Marketing, Product Training and Sales teams.
- Provide channel partners with timely and accurate product information.
- Be the industry expert and represent the company's interests for the assigned product or products.
- Participate in new product development and current product team meetings on a regular basis.
- Drive continuous product improvement throughout the product life cycle to balance product margin, quality, reliability, competitive positioning, and customer satisfaction.
- Support product sales training, including participation in live training events and recorded product webinars.
- Develop content for sales training tools and marketing collateral materials.
- Monitor competitive product activity and develop competitive product comparisons for use in Product Sales training.
- Be the competitive expert within the organization on assigned product or products.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales team, and Finance team regarding product pricing strategies.
- Contribute to weekly meetings and project approval meetings.
- Support industry trade shows, customer experience events, and other key activities.
- Be the face of the company for assigned product line(s).
- Complete other special assignments, duties, and tasks as required.
- This position requires office environment, regular trips to the shop, outside work, in test field, at dealerships, and on customer worksites.
- The shop and outdoor environments include physical hazards such as utilities (typically gas, electric, sewer and water lines), powered vehicle, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, sharp objects, and moving machinery.
- Outdoor environment includes work in all kinds of weather, and construction site conditions such as open excavations, unimproved land, incomplete structures, etc.
- Regular, extended use of the telephone.
- Rapidly changing demands, schedules, and deadlines.
- Working with hazardous materials, including fuels, lubricants, batteries and biological hazards.
- Air and highway travel including occasional international travel. Typically, this employee travels up to 25% of the time.
- The employee regularly drives rental and Ditch Witch vehicles.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, engineering, product management/development, computer science, data analytics or a related field. Master's degree in related field preferred but not required.
- 6+ of industry related experience and 4+ years product management/marketing experience(or MBA with 2+ years product management/marketing experience, or MBA graduation plan for completion within next 12-months) to include new product development in durable service-oriented goods.
- In-depth knowledge of the underground construction industry and products.
- Strong leadership competency in team environments and ability to manage and/or work with multiple project teams on parallel paths
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, influencing ability, and effective participation in cross-functional teams.
- Be able to develop and implement comprehensive, long-range product business plans. This includes research, writing specifications, budgeting, costing, and long-range capacity plans.
- Business-to-business experience through a dealer/distribution system is highly preferred.
- Have appropriate knowledge of developing and marketing products.
- Have a current vehicle operator's license and be willing to travel up to 25% of the time (air & highway) including international travel.
- Have appropriate correspondence, record keeping, and PC skills.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.