Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company's new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com.
It's not just about your career... or your job title...it's about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters...do things that haven't been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
*Relocation assistance may be available to those who qualify
The Corporate Finance group is expanding to support an increasingly dynamic Fortune 500 company. We are seeking a Manager of Financial Compliance who is looking to further develop his or her career in a growing global company. This role has significant interaction with the Corporate Controller and business unit management.
The primary responsibilities include designing, implementing and testing key controls as well as leading control harmonization and process improvement initiatives. This role will also provide support and guidance on controls for acquisitions, business transformation efforts and other projects. Collaboration with domestic and international business unit and functional leaders offers extensive learning opportunities and exposure across our many global businesses that can serve as a foundation for future career opportunities. The position offers opportunities to utilize the candidate's existing experience in financial compliance to drive process and control improvements that will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the SOX program.
Required Management/Technical Experience
- Support all aspects of Wabtec's compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements including the risk assessment/scoping exercise, control effectiveness testing, evaluation of remediation of deficiencies and management reporting
- Serve as subject matter expert for cross-functional teams to ensure appropriate controls are in place for process and system changes
- Support business unit and functional leaders in evaluation of control environment and SOX implementation for acquisitions
- Collaborate with various functions across the organization to identify control harmonization opportunities and implement process improvements
- Educate control owners by leading training sessions and sharing best practices
- Be a leader on the controllership team and mentor less experienced staff to support their growth and development
- Support and coordinate external audit requests
- Other duties and special projects as required
Personal Skills and Characteristics
- Minimum of 5 years of public accounting and/or internal audit experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance; MBA preferred
- Professional certification (CPA, CIA or similar) preferred
- Experience with SOX compliance requirements, financial systems and key business processes
- Travels and works overtime as required
Wabtec provides a competitive total compensation package that includes a comprehensive employee benefits program.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deliver results within defined deadlines, communicate effectively across functions and levels, and build professional and productive relationships
- Skilled at sorting through complex information to drive results while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience operating independently while managing multiple priorities
- Driven and enthusiastic about delivering process improvements
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills
- Commitment to business ethics and integrity
Wabtec also contributes Annual and Matching contributions to your 401(k) account to help your savings grow. Each pay period, Wabtec will match 100% of your contribution up to a maximum of 3% of your eligible compensation. Wabtec also will make an Annual Contribution of 3% of your compensation, whether or not you contribute your own funds to the Savings Plan. That's a total of 6% of your annual compensation in Company-provided contributions!
12 paid holidays
Unlimited time off (in accordance with your leader)
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world's toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world's brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles...people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.