EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Manager of Environment, Health, & Safety & Environmental Care (SHC) for EMCOR at Stanford Health Care
Job Summary: EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) has an immediate need for a Manager of Environment, Health, & Safety & Environmental Care in Menlo Park, CA.
This position leads the integration of solutions that work to address multiple regulatory requirements and certifying agencies thus ensuring compliance to rules affecting safety, security, hazardous waste, medical equipment, fire / life safety and utilities. The major functions of this position are: managing the team responsible for ensuring specific, daily compliance with regulations, performing regular performance assessments, managing regulatory compliance audits, ensure effective recordkeeping, and coordinate leadership reporting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
- Employees must abide by all Joint Commission Requirements including but not limited to sensitivity to cultural diversity, patient care, patient's rights and ethical treatment, safety and security of physical environments, emergency management, teamwork, respect for others, participation in ongoing education and training, communication and adherence to safety and quality programs, sustaining compliance with National Patient Safety Goals, and licensure and health screenings.
- Employee must perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with the C-I-CARE Standards of the Hospital.
C-I-CARE is the foundation of Stanford's patient-experience and represents a framework for patient-centered interactions.
- Conduct TJC EOC / Life Safety regulatory compliance program for SHC, LPCH, and Clinics as required.
Lead role during survey activity audits, lead hospital interface for The Joint Commission (TJC) Environment of Care (EOC) for interviews, review of records, corrective actions, & Performance Improvement Opportunities. Coordinate continual preparation for all TJC EOC regulatory compliance activities for all sites.
- As EOC Safety Committee Chair, leads generation of EOC quarterly reports, annual evaluations, and management plans. Conducts TJC EOC Periodic Performance Reviews. Coordinates EOC meeting agenda, minutes and logistics; monthly. Maintains EOC documentation and records. Coordinates EOC Safety Manual Policies and Procedures.
- Develop & review Safety Plans, analyze risks, address incidents, and develop mitigation strategies including
those for Life Safety.
- Manage the Hazardous & Medical Waste and Waste Water & Strom Drain program including applicable policy,
program, and regulatory / compliance audits.
- Manage Life / Fire Safety Program including emergency evacuation program, equipment, regulatory / compliance
audits and training.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a work-related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible and directly related work experience, including one (1) year in the specialty area to which assigned.
- Preference to having a Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification, but no required.
These are the observable and measurable attributes and skills required to perform successfully the essential functions of the job and are generally demonstrated through qualifying experience, education, or licensure/certification.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Knowledge of OSHA/DHS standards
- Knowledge of Safety Plan development
- Knowledge of General EH&S theory and practice
- Knowledge of EH&S recordkeeping
- Ability to effectively collaboration with other depts.
- Ability to write effective policy and procedures
- Ability to problem solve in an effective manner
- Ability to develop high level reports
- Ability to organize compliance records and files
- Ability to communication effectively with managers, peers and subordinates
- Skill in interviewing, auditing, and risk assessment
- Skill in review/ edit policies for approval
- Skill in identifying and mitigating hazards and risks
- Skill in identifying opportunities for improvement
- Skill in recall compliance policy against observed condition
- Skill in build effective management programs to address needs
The Physical Requirements and Working Conditions in which the job is typically performed are available from the
Occupational Health Department. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions of the job.EMCOR Facilities Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Facilities Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.