Posted in Medical and Nursing
Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
Job Role Summary
The Radiologic Technologist Specialty - PRN may perform standard procedures in Cardiac Diagnostics, CT, MRI, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, or Interventional Radiology on designated sections of the body as required by physician orders. This position reports to the Radiology Supervisor.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Proactively contributes to Eskenazi's mission: Advocate, Care, Teach and Serve with special emphasis on the vulnerable population of Marion County. Models Eskenazi values
• Performs standard procedures on designated sections of the body as required by physician orders
• Selects proper exposure factors/protocols for each procedure/selects proper settings
• Positions and instructs patients; utilizes protective shielding, immobilization, and supportive devices as required
• Assumes responsibility for the care and safety of the patients undergoing procedures
• Transfers images from file to file/archiving system
• Primary imaging performed electronically on PACs
• Performs routinely required paperwork, scheduling, assists Radiologists/managers as needed
• Restores images from PAC system
• Responsible for the operations of the injector and properly sets equipment
• Starts an IV and administers IV /oral contrast media
• Alters activities to reflect/ensure adequate care appropriate to the age of patients served (i.e., adolescent, geriatric, pediatric, neonatal, adult) as described in the area/unit age-specific and/or job specific competencies
• Demonstrates skills and knowledge acquired through graduation from a Radiologic Technology Program.
• Minimum of one year previous working experience in radiologic technology with emphasis on one a specialty modality.
• Bachelor of Science degree with a CT, MRI, Mammography, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, or Interventional Radiology major preferred
• Indiana licensure as a Radiologic Technologist, Nuclear Medicine Technologist and/or ARDMS registration
• ARRT, ARDMS, CCI, NMTCB or ARMRIT registered within 6 months of hire which includes compliance with Professional CEU requirements
• Maintains and shows proof of current CPR Certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to use age appropriate communication skills.
• Excellent command of radiologic anatomy as well as cross sectional anatomy
• Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of patients served
• Must demonstrate growth and development knowledge principles over the life span and possess the ability to assess data/interpret appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to age-specific needs and cognitive abilities detailed in the department/area/unit job competencies
• Knowledge of all radiologic equipment with emphasis on the application, drug utilization, contrast media, pressure injectors, technical procedures (within assigned area)
• Hospital protocols/procedures, safety procedures to minimize risk to patients, coworkers and self
• Knowledgeable of and complies with the Hospital's Infection Control and Communicable Disease policies and procedures
• Ability to:
• follow both written/oral instructions
• handle patient contacts with high degree of tact
• elect proper protocols for all exams
• Fundamental knowledge of computer applications
• Working knowledge of the hospital's EHR System and associated programs
• Will ensure completion of all studies through the EHR system
• Understands and performs required PI tasks and provides adequate documentation.
• Demonstrates flexibility with changing work duties, priorities
• Assists in other departmental areas, i.e., reception areas, transportation of patients and image management
• Displays an ability to be observant and perceptive to changing patient conditions while under their care.
• Reports questionable conditions to physicians/nursing personnel
Accredited by The Joint Commission and named one of the nation's 150 best places to work by Becker's Hospital Review for four consecutive years and Forbes list of best places to work for women, and Forbes list of America's best midsize employers' Eskenazi Health's programs have received national recognition while also offering new health care opportunities to the local community. As the sponsoring hospital for Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services, the city's primary EMS provider, Eskenazi Health is also home to the first adult Level I trauma center in Indiana, the only verified adult burn center in Indiana, the first community mental health center in Indiana and the Eskenazi Health Center Primary Care - Center of Excellence in Women's Health, just to name a few.
Nearest Major Market: Indianapolis
*By registering with our site, you agree to our