* Follows all safety guidelines, rules; environmental and regulatory guidelines; uses all required
* Maintains quality and cleanliness of the work area and equipment.
* Maintains, repairs, troubleshoots production and filling line equipment, PLC, sensors, electrical
drives, controls, mechanical, processing systems, as well as working cross functionally among
* Performs preventive maintenance activities on plant equipment including process
machinery/equipment lubrication, adjustments, cleaning and operating diagnosis and document
* Coordinates with outside contractors and supplemental support when necessary, including repairs,
installations, security, fire prevention, loss control, etc.
* Conducts diagnosis and troubleshooting breakdowns of computer and PLC control systems.
Troubleshoots and repairs machinery and develops cost effective solutions to address root cause
* Proper record keeping of all maintenance, security systems/controls, fire prevention
* Maintains proper facility, and assets integrity including structural, HVAC, lighting, electrical,
plumbing, boiler operation, repairs and improvements.
* Engages in implementing improvements to facility operations, Health and Safety / Administration.
* Orders parts using purchase order system, performs spare parts inventory, performs building
maintenance (lighting, plumbing, etc.), and conducts weekly tests on sprinkler equipment for fire
* In collaboration with management, develops and executes facility improvement projects as
directed by facility management. Participates and contributes to specified capital improvement
projects directed by facility management.
* Provides guidance and training to all operators on skill development, processes and techniques.
* May need to fill in when necessary on other shifts occasionally.
* High School or equivalent and 2 year Trade (technical) degree or certificate preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years progressive experience in manufacturing and/or maintenance.
* Basic 480V electrical experience in an industrial facility, PLC and instrument control, electrical
power and motor controls, thorough knowledge of test instruments used in field and basic
mechanical knowledge and troubleshooting ability.
* Three phase motor troubleshooting, motor control circuits troubleshooting and installation, AC
variable frequency drive installation and troubleshooting. Able to troubleshoot other electrical
circuits including control boards and low voltages. Also able to read and generate electrical
schematics. Electrical and controls experience a plus.
* Knowledge of manufacturing, process systems and filling line equipment, OSHA regulations.
* Ability to read and write logic at a machine level and/or Enterprise level. Ability to troubleshoot
logic and make corrective actions in the program (Allen-Bradley and/or GE Fanuc) preferred, but
* RSLogix 500 & 5000 PLC, RSView32, FactoryTalk View, GE Proficiency experience preferred.
* Instrumentation Skills: Ability to install and troubleshoot: RTD's, Thermo couplings, Radar Levels,
Mass Flow meters, HART communications protocols, Pressure Differential devices.
* Ability to install machinery following OEM guidelines, welding (MIG, TIG). Ability to troubleshoot
mechanical issues including mechanical drive systems. Ability to troubleshoot and install
mechanical pumps (Positive displacement, centrifugal, AOD), preferred, but not required.
* Millwright traits (rigging, lifting), preferred, but not required.
* Strong training in LO/TO, Arch Flash (NFPA 70E).
* Good interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work overtime and Flex schedule as needed
The color of pride: Benjamin Moore is proud to be a part of Berkshire Hathaway, which was recognized by Fortune magazine as the world's fourth most admired company. And for more than 130 years we've been a respected leader in the architectural coatings and home décor landscape; creating the products and tools that enrich and beautify thousands of communities each day. We recognize that our associates are the driving force behind our success and we strive to provide a work environment where hard work, creativity and purposeful collaboration are fostered and encouraged.
Join a company where innovation is constantly recognized as we look for individuals who produce world-class products, best-in-class services and customer experiences, design pioneering paints using the latest technologies and deliver unparalleled value and brand experiences for our customers and retail network.
At Benjamin Moore, our people are the heart of the company and our number one asset. We are committed to providing safe working conditions at all of our locations and have invested heavily in measures aimed at keeping employees healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. With safety as one of our core company values, we've modified facilities and work schedules to support social distancing, established enhanced cleaning and sanitization protocols, and regularly provide personal protective equipment to all employees--including masks, gloves and hand sanitizer. Ensuring the well-being of our team members is a top priority.