This is a great opportunity to establish yourself in a secure company with a 75+ year history of success. We are proud to be comprised of more than 800 farm families throughout the Midwest. Since 1938, we have been producing high quality products for you and your family.
At Prairie Farms Dairy, you'll become part of a dedicated team that manufactures and packages superior dairy products.
We offer full-time schedules with great benefits that include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, short term disability, and pension.
You'll also enjoy paid personal, sick and vacation days.
*Prairie Farms currently has 5 maintenance tech positions available.
This person will be required to be multi-crafted in both mechanical and electrical components to troubleshoot and make adjustments on production machines. Maintenance tasks per established programs are required such as equipment Preventive Maintenance, CMMS, and KPI's plus other plant work as necessary.
Skill Sets Needed:
- Multi-Crafted - This individual must be versed in both mechanical and electrical concepts. It is acceptable to have a dominate skill set between the two crafts such as a strong working knowledge in the electrical craft but just a basic knowledge in the mechanical craft.
- Experience carrying tools in an industrial environment is required.
- Ability and experience reading and interpreting mechanical and electrical drawings
- Ability and experience using both mechanical and electrical testing instruments such as but not limited to VOM, Loops Generators, Meggers such as Flukes, Dial Indicators working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives (VFD) is a plus.
- Prefer food processing and packaging experience
- Prefer at least an Associate's degree in technical field or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills both in listening and verbalizing
- Computer skills in understanding and experience using Microsoft Office and CMMS software.
- General computer knowledge required.
- Applicant must have critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor will be required.
Position requires willingness to work shifts, weekends, and most holidays and willingness to work overtime frequently.
Following contractual language and seniority, 4 hours overtime can be forced.
- Normal hours are 40 hours per week guaranteed by contractual language. Overtime will be assigned by management.
- Overtime hours, when assigned are normally in four (4) hour or eight (8) intervals. The Plant is a 24-7, 365 day operation.
- There are three shifts 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 2:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. Shifts are selected by seniority and contractual agreement.
- Standing: Watching / servicing machinery
- Walking: Moving around plant / making rounds of assigned equipment
- Sitting: Reading instructions or work orders Lift / Carry: Hand tools and parts up to 50 lbs.
- Experience and working knowledge on correct use of basic hand tools
- Climbing: is limited but may be required up to a 24 foot extension ladder
- Reaching: Overhead: Servicing equipment
- Forward: Servicing equipment
- Stoop / Bend: Servicing equipment
- Kneel / Crawl: Servicing equipment
- Squatting: Servicing equipment
- Balancing: Servicing equipment
- Handle / Finger / Feel: Use of hand tools
- Gripping / Grasping: Use of hand tools
- Talking: Communications
- Hearing: Communications
- Listening Communications
- Color Discrimination: Installation books / labels / wire colors
- Depth Perception: Working near operating machinery
- Near Vision: Reading work orders / Installation book
- Far Vision: Working near operating machinery
- Peripheral Vision: Working near operating machinery
- Able to lift up to 50 LBS
- Must be able to tolerate allergen exposure to milk, cocoa and egg proteins
- Must be able to pass drug screen
- Inside: Production floor, climate varies from 30 degrees to 130 degrees
- Outside: Ambient Temperatures
- Extreme Heat: Working in pasteurization process, and near boilers
- Noise: Working on or near operating machinery
- Vibration: Working on or near operating machinery.
- Moving Equipment / Parts: Servicing when other machines are running nearby
- Fumes / Dust / Odors: Servicing when other machines are running nearby
- High Elevations: Servicing roof units / condensing towers
- Slippery Surface: Outside winter ice
- High School or GED Equivalent
- Technical/Trade School, Apprenticeship or Military Training a plus
- Must have carried tools in a light industrial setting a minimum of one year
- Hand Tools
- Machine tools
- Man lift
Prairie Farms Dairy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time