EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Summary: The maintenance technician will complete required PM and repairs on the client's facility equipment. This position will be crossed trained and utilize a "flow to the work" concept. The successful technician will be an excellent communicator and have exceptional follow up capabilities. The technician will exhibit an ownership attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance activities on facility following written instructions. PM activities include measurement of wear, replacement of expendables (i.e. belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc.) and inspection/evaluation of operating characteristics such as speeds, pressures, vacuum, or vibration.
- Analyzes findings during PM and recommends changes to PM content based upon findings. Documents PM activities within the CMMS.
- Completes assigned work orders and documents completion within the CMMS.
- Completes repairs including rebuilding of pumps, steam traps, valves, electrical and pneumatic solenoid devices
- Completes general building repairs, including repair and painting of walls, doors, floors, etc. Completes repairs to plumbing system including fixing leaks and stoppages, repairs or replacement of sinks, piping, valves or drains.
- Repairs and maintains controls, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Replaces lighting components, ceiling tiles, and grid throughout the buildings. Performs shift "rounds" using a checklist to document performance characteristics (i.e., operation modes, pressures, temperatures, RPM, etc.) of facility systems and equipment.
- Communicates directly with the customer and site lead in assuring that all aspects of a work request are understood, that parts must be ordered, or that requested completion date will be delayed for any reason not discovered during the conversion of the work request into a work order.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus such as transformers, motors, motor starters, MCC panels, MCC circuits, variable frequency drives and lighting fixtures and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables. Maintains building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, emergency lights/exit lights, 120 volt outlets, photoelectric eyes for exterior building lighting and lighting contactors that are controlled by the energy management system.
- Performs PM & repairs on dock equipment - Overhead doors, dock levelers, dock locks and seals.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Site Manager.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience.
- Valid driver's license.
- Fork truck operator's license, JLG operator's license.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions operating and maintenance instructions, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one -on-one and small group situations of customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Maintenance Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the Technician is regularly required to stand at eight-hour intervals with occasional scheduled breaks, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to climb stairs and ladders. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, at higher than chest level and be able to tolerate adverse rooftop working conditions due to climate and tolerate extreme temperature changes.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer