Job ID: 255482
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America's leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Responsible for overall supervision and coordination of workers' activities related to the setup, installation, maintenance, and repair of equipment, tools, and machinery to ensure to non-stop operation of the plant/location assigned.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Directs workers in electrical, electronic, mechanical hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Assist and direct workers in the diagnosis of malfunctions in equipment and machinery
- Test malfunctioning machinery, determine repairs, and assign mechanic for repair
- Direct workers engaged in dismantling, assembling, and installing equipment, parts, and machinery
- Observe mechanical devices and equipment and listen to sounds to determine proper functioning or identify causes of trouble
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment
- Interprets company policies and safety regulations to ensure compliance and safe work environment
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties
- Establishes and adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of the product
- Plan and implement a schedule of routine and preventative maintenance procedures and assign and monitor personnel
- Order parts needed for special projects, routine maintenance requirements, spare parts, tools, and equipment needed
- Studies production schedules and estimates workers hours requirements for completion of job assignments
- Implements preventative maintenance programs/monitors existing programs
- Keeps management informed of activities
- Coordinates maintenance services to be provided by outside vendors, including warranties and service contracts
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase the efficiency of shop, department, or work crew
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, and assists workers in solving problems
- Motivates workers assigned to achieve goals and complete tasks in a timely manner
- Maintains time and productions records
- Coordinates with other supervisors and departments to ensure optimal use of resources, time, and equipment
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Responsible for supervising assigned workers including hiring, firing, disciplining, motivating, evaluating performance, and developing personnel assigned
- Responsible for keeping attendance and productions records, identifying potential problems, and managing them appropriately
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job. Requirements / Education / Experience
- Associate's degree or equivalent in training, education, or experience plus at least 5 years of experience as a head mechanic, or equivalent combination of experience, training, and education
- Technical or vocational school certification or equivalent in training or experience
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical, and other types of malfunctions of machinery and equipment
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and operations manuals and follow step by step instructions
- Ability to train others
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical, instrumentation, hydraulic and pneumatic operations, programmable controllers and their application, maintenance, and repair of machinery and equipment
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Strong knowledge of safety and industrial hygiene
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Lift tools, machinery parts, and other objects weighing up to 80 pounds each
- Endure intermittent bending, crouching, pushing, pulling, stooping, and reaching
- Standing for an extended period of time
- Able to work under extreme conditions such as hot or cold temperatures, noise, dust, and dirt
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Coastal, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Jan 25, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Jacksonville Job Segment:
Maintenance, Manager, Hydraulics, Electrical, Temporary, Manufacturing, Management, Engineering, Contract
This job has expired.