Posted in Building and Construction
about 1 month ago
Maintenance Supervisor directs the Maintenance staff to maintain and repair all machinery in the plant; this would include both reactive and preventive maintenance programs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for maintaining the maintenance parts stock, dealing with outside vendors for machine and facility repairs, and negotiating advantageous pricing. This supervisor will also train and organize the Maintenance staff in proper machine repair and shop practices, implementing company policies, and interviewing and hiring technicians as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for safety of all maintenance personnel.
· Implement, maintain, and enforce a proper lock out tag out procedures
· Oversee company compliance to local policies and codes to as to minimize risk to the company.
· Responsible for organization of the maintenance shop, keeping it clean and helping the crew maintain it with a sense of pride.
· Responsible for identifying and purchasing needed tools and equipment for the maintenance shop and crew. Identify key areas that AWC can improve on purchasing tools for its crew.
· Responsible for organizing and maintaining Spare Parts Stock, and making sure that they are accessible when needed and are store safely.
· Implement shop procedures. Train crew members to do their job properly, minimizing damage to machines and parts.
· Improve facility appearance to a professional level.
· Develop and implement a Preventative Maintenance program.
· Improve the technical skills of the staff through effective training in proper troubleshooting techniques, and professional repair of machinery. Also train crew in proper shop practices and operation of machinery and tools.
· Implement company policies and standards within the department.
· Perform the tasks of a technician when required. To this end he must be proficient in the repairs of machinery, both in electrical and mechanical aspects.
· Work with Corporate Maintenance Manager to implement JDE/phase two for tracking downtime, PM schedules, etc.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
· Champion AWC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
High School Diploma or equivalent is required
Associate Degree is preferred
5 years of experience within industrial maintenance field at increasing levels of responsibility
Must have 3-5 years of experience as a supervisor or lead man in an industrial environment
Must be computer literate in basic Microsoft Office programs. JD Edwards CMMC a plus.
Must have a sense of urgency that is required in the fast paced AWC environment.
Must have good communications skills so as communicate the needs of the department and the plant to management in an effective way
Must be able and willing to confront, document and effectively deal with instances where safety is compromised.
Must be able to aggressively identify and implement opportunities, to continually improve quality and costs.
Ability to work the required hours to be successful in a high paced production environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled