The maintenance supervisor is responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities related to the packaging and compounding equipment with direct and indirect oversight of the maintenance technicians, equipment reliability, spare parts clerk, and CMMS administrator. Perform and/or repairs, installs and preventive maintenance on all production equipment to ensure that such equipment is always in good operable condition.
- Establish priorities related of distributed work, coordinated maintenance activities, and prepare personnel schedule to meet operation needs throughout all shifts.
- Work with the maintenance administrator to develop and evaluate on weekly basis long-term and short-term planning to discuss with maintenance manager.
- Provide weekly report, related to maintenance activities, personnel, and support.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the maintenance personnel.
- Work hand on with operation and QA to coordinate maintenance daily activities.
- Works with planning, operation, QA, and others managers or designees to plan and coordinates major maintenance and/or others activities.
- Assure completion and maintain all maintenance records are in accordance with all Akorn procedures.
- Review and approve maintenance work records using the computer maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Develop standard work practices to ensure proper set-up of equipment.
- Provide support, and coordinate training for equipment maintenance technicians using internal or external support.
- Drive performance and reliability improvements of the preventive maintenance process, and procedures.
- Drive packaging equipment performance and improvement.
- Schedule and support vendors on repairs, training, improvement, and document accordingly.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Review, and maintain parts inventory based on equipment critically.
- Contact equipment parts suppliers to request parts proposal and request order requisition.
- A minimum of an Associate's Degree (A. A.) Business Administration Management and or Technical Degree in engineering field. (Preferred)
- Two years of experience as a maintenance supervisor and/or managing personnel throughout projects or supervise indirectly a project team or training in Leadership skills. (Plus)
- Five years as a senior lead level technician with strong knowledge and experience in equipment electromechanical diagnostic and troubleshooting, decision making in problem solving, coordinate activities, and support is require for the position.
Akorn, Inc. is a niche pharmaceutical company that develops, manufactures and markets generic and branded prescription pharmaceuticals as well as animal and consumer health products. We specialize in difficult-to-manufacture sterile and non-sterile dosage forms including: ophthalmics, injectables, oral liquids, topicals, inhalants, and nasal sprays. Akorn markets its products to retail pharmacies, ophthalmologists, optometrists, physicians, veterinarians, hospitals, clinics, wholesalers, distributors, group purchasing organizations, and government agencies.EEO Statement
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.