EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: Maintenance Mechanic
The maintenance technician will complete required PM and repairs on the client's facility equipment. This position will be crossed trained and utilize a "flow to the work" concept. The successful technician will be an excellent communicator and have exceptional follow up capabilities. The technician will exhibit an ownership attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs preventive maintenance activities on facility following written instructions. PM activities include measurement of wear, replacement of expendables (i.e. belts, hoses, fluids, filters, etc.) and inspection/evaluation of operating characteristics such as speeds, pressures, vacuum, or vibration.
- Completes general building repairs, including repair and painting of walls, doors, floors, etc.
- Completes repairs to plumbing system including fixing leaks and stoppages, repairs or replacement of sinks, piping, valves or drains. Repairs and maintains controls, lighting, and electrical distribution systems.
- Performs operational round using a checklist to document performance characteristics (i.e., operation modes, pressures, temperatures, RPM, etc.) of facility systems and equipment.
- Communicates directly with the customer and site lead in assuring that all aspects of a work request are understood, that parts must be ordered, or that requested completion date will be delayed for any reason not discovered during the conversion of the work request into a work order.
- Maintains building lighting, task lighting on furniture systems, parking lot lighting, lighting contactors, and emergency lights/exit lights.
- Performs PM & repairs on dock equipment - Overhead doors, dock levelers, dock locks and seals
- Repair and maintenance on HVAC, exhaust and dust collecting systems in an industrial setting
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by the Site Manager
High School Diploma or GED. Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations. Documentation or certificates will be required. Qualifications:
- (HS Diploma, Under/Graduate Degree, etc.) HS Diploma, some trades schooling or experience preferred
- Minimum seven years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
- Valid driver's license, Fork truck operator's license, JLG operator's license
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions operating and maintenance instructions, and memos. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one -on-one and small group situations of customers, clients and other employees of the organization
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EFS requires all new hires who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination
.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Compensation Range: $24.00 to $27.00 DOE
Other Compensation: Not bonus eligible
Benefits: As a leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction, facilities services, and energy infrastructure, EMCOR Group is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability income, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) Savings Plans, and employee assistance and wellness programs.