The Logistics Center Site Leader has direct responsibility for the planning, organization, direction, performance and control of all logistics and operational activities at a U.S. Logistics Center. The role ensures compliance with established productivity, performance, budget, quality, security, HR, EH&S, customer service standards, and company policies and regulations (local/state/federal/international).
The responsibility includes the management and development of colleagues and contracted resources, maintaining a high level of engagement and accountability to achieve expected results. This position focuses on action-oriented continuous improvement activities and the implementation of best practices, as well as the management and monitoring of financial performance to ensure corrective actions are taken to achieve established targets.
Customer Service Commitments
- Ensures daily customer order fulfillment, according to established SLA's.
- Interacts with customer service groups to inform results and gather business plans and intelligence.
- Supervises daily warehouse floor operations.
- Assigns daily work directly to shift leads.
- Accountable for the proper management of materials and finished goods storage at the facility.
- Ensures inventory accuracy is maintained within established limits.
- Attends general processes of inventory management.
- Ensures proper handing for high value products according to local regulation and corporate guidelines and procedures.
- Keeps proper controls and takes actions to ensure storage conditions are met.
- Maintains 24-hour oversight of facility, including storage conditions and security.
Management and Control
- Ensures all operating areas and equipment are kept in proper conditions: organization, housekeeping, maintenance, etc.
- Ensures full compliance for area of responsibility with procedures, company policies and regulations (state/federal/international), keeping comprehensive and updated Standard Operating Procedures.
- Enforces Quality, EHS, and all Logistics compliance standards across the area of responsibility.
- Follows up on daily and periodic metrics and productivity to ensure performance requirements are met.
- Takes corrective actions when needed to achieve targets.
- Communicates and provides timely feedback about results to work team.
- Manages a team of colleagues and assigns priorities and tasks aligned to defined objectives.
- Develops a team of colleagues, through feedback, coaching, training sessions and other tools to improve engagement.
- Ensures objective and timely execution of Performance Management and Talent Planning processes to develop and drive team.
- Performs budgeting activities and keeps track of results to ensure adherence to objectives and strategies.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Proactively looks for innovation and opportunities for improvement.
- Drives implementation of changes that enhance performance, productivity and cost.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics or Operations Management with 5-7 years' experience in Warehousing, Logistics or Supply Chain Management, or in lieu of the education requirement, at least a high school diploma and 10 years of experience.
- Proven track record of successful leadership of a logistics operation and facility management experience.
- Experience with Warehouse or Materials Management systems, as well as knowledge of inventory and planning systems.
- Previous experience with the management of Transportation processes is desirable.
- Ability to successfully meet Board of Pharmacy background requirements
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with all levels of colleagues and management across organizational boundaries.
- Must possess flexibility and agility to respond to constantly changing conditions and priorities.
- Knowledge of GMP requirements, Quality Standards, and other regulatory requirements is necessary.
- Demonstrated written communication skills, as well as experience with presenting to leadership teams.
- Able to set clear direction and align others around common objectives
- Exercises good judgment and drives change
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize work, goals and tasks in accordance with division and corporate objectives
- Must be willing to quickly learn and become proficient in common systems used to manage the business.
The work environment is a standard indoor industrial setting, and may include warehousing, manufacturing, maintenance and/or production areas. The coolest temperature will be 36F to 46F. Routine lifting up to 40 lbs and occasionally up to 80 lbs. is required, and incumbent must be able to access all areas of the facility. Personal protective equipment, such as ear plugs, safety shoes, safety glasses, protective clothing and/or headwear must be worn, as required. This position requires the ability to travel (approximately 5%) and limited weekend or off-hours work may be required from time-to-time.
The following base pay range reflects the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located inCalifornia. Base pay may vary based on location and other factors.
Base Pay Range: $98,000 - $141,000
This position is eligible for short-term incentive compensation. The position is also eligible for long-term incentive.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which includes healthcare, dental coverage, and retirement savings benefits along with paid holidays, vacation and disability insurance.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.