As a Loan Officer, you manage borrowers' complete loan transactions from start to finish, ensuring exemplary customer service throughout the process.
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Effectively communicate with Borrowers, Production team, Underwriters, Closers and other third parties that are involved in the transaction, responding promptly to inquiries and requests via phone (preferred) email and/or IM.
- Perform licensed activity including interviewing borrowers to obtain information and documentation, pulling credit, and educating borrowers on different loan products.
- Analyze and manage performance numbers to increase and ensure efficiencies and meet company goals.
- Manage internal efforts to ensure a timely process and resolve application issues.
- Remain knowledgeable on company and industry guidelines and processes.
- Responsible for self-sourcing business as well as timely communication with any company sourced leads. Generate leads and referral business through community events, social media outreach, and other avenues.
- Process borrower credit information through online approval system, structure loans and compile loan package.
- Act as a mentor and coach for Loan Specialists.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
We're looking for someone who can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, who will deliver results with integrity, and who enjoys finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day.
We'll also want to know that you can demonstrate these attributes:
- High attention to detail.
- Thrive in fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal).
- Effective communication and conflict resolution.
- Quantitative and analytical decision making skills.
- Aptitude for interpreting and analyzing financial and general business information and procedures.
- Previous customer service experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the mortgage industry.
- Experience self-sourcing leads.
- Knowledge in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.
This job has expired.