Job ID: 216141
Location: ABERDEEN , MD , US
Date Posted: 2021-04-28
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Technical Svcs
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: No
Team SAIC is looking for a Linux Help Desk Analyst who will work alongside a team of experienced HPC staff and user community/researchers to effectively and efficiently utilize HPC assets working to solve DoD’s most critical mission challenges. This position will be located on-site at Aberdeen, MD.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on support to the user community and be responsible for HPC and local DRSC technical and accounts support for a user community of 4000+ DoD researches and multiple DSRC centers. Centers are located at Stennis Space Center, MS, Army Research Lab at Aberdeen, MD, Wright Pratt in OH and the Army Corp or Engineers in Vicksburg MS.
The successful candidate will provide hands-on support to the user community regarding optimal use of DSRC infrastructure and troubleshooting issues users experience executing advanced software codes on the HPCs. Specific daily tasks include:
- Assist users via phone, email or ticketing system with technical issues in a timely manner.
- Diagnose technical issues with user’s batch processing jobs to assist the users in completing their research.
- Escalate trouble tickets to higher-level technicians for advanced trouble shooting of user problems.
- Participate in the testing and maintenance of HPC systems and software environment
- Participate in the documentation of HPC systems and software environments.
- Ensure that individual users have the required system access and credentials required for their research and necessary to identify technical issues with accounts, subprojects, and groups on the HPC systems.
- High School degree and 6 years; OR Bachelors and 2 years or more experience; OR Masters and O years or more experience;
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Possess understanding and knowledge of Linux and general Unix operating systems concepts
- Possess ability to write and debug shell scripts (bash, csh)
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively interact with a highly skilled technical HPC support staff and users, internal staff, and management.
- Possess basic knowledge of HPC job scheduling concepts and applications
- Prior experience working within an IT Service Center environment.
- Prior experience with an ITSM ticketing systems such as Service Now
- Prior Tier 1 IT Help Desk experience, as well as working in a customer outreach environment
- Familiarity with user account life cycle management
- Strong communication skills to interact with customers, management personnel, and team members, including documentation and writing skills.
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work in a dynamic work environment, and persistence to follow-through on tasks in the face of obstacles
- Ability to work independently or within integrated process teams consisting of system users and system administrators
- Familiarity and understanding of ITIL framework. ITIL Foundations certification preferred
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.