Facility: REEVES I & II
Compensation Base: $55,000
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position supervises the security and control activities and staff in the facility’s Special Housing Unit (SHU) to provide maximum facility coordination in prisoner supervision and safety, in addition to the preparation of required records and reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and regulations for custody, security and treatment of detainees or inmates.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees or inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees or inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Directs the work of other Correctional Officer staff including the selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee training and development, promoting and any disciplinary action, including termination.
- Makes assignments, reviews post orders and assures that all procedures including emergency procedures are in place and staff is trained in proper implementation.
- Reviews disciplinary matters concerning both staff and detainees or inmates.
- Reviews staff effectiveness and conducts frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Gives primary guidance on situational problems and makes referrals for more complex problems.
- Prepares records and reports as assigned by management. Maintains daily logs as required.
- Responsible for attaining facility goals and objectives and ensuring compliance with all rules, regulations, policies and procedures for security operations.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by detainee or inmate staff. May provide detainee supervision and security in other areas as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.